X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skrobo View Post
    This year I've got 3 hits so far...

Gus Engeling Archery Deer Oct 21-25 - 7 points to draw
    Lower Rio Grande Schalaben unit NWR archery deer Nov 17-20 - 2 points to draw
    Laguna Atascosa NWR General Deer Dec 2-4 - 6 points to draw

I'm chasing some really top-notch, low odds hunts on gun deer either sex, but I've got 12 points and didn't draw this year. How many points does it usually take to draw Chapparal/powderhorn? I've been applying for Chap for 12 years.
    I've been putting in at the Chap, Powderhorn, and Kerr for GDE and hit this year for the Kerr GDE with 19 points and Chap for Archery with 18 points. Powderhorn and the Chap usually pull 1 maybe 2 cards max at standby and you usually have around 100+ people show up for those standby spots. Low odds of getting drawn either way.

Comment

Is the link for archery exotic broken for anyone else? It show deadline is Oct 15 but when I click the link it says “application deadline expired.”

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
        Is the link for archery exotic broken for anyone else? It show deadline is Oct 15 but when I click the link it says “application deadline expired.”
        They're not having a hunt in that category this year. It appears they decided to have an archery deer hunt at Garner instead.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
          They're not having a hunt in that category this year. It appears they decided to have an archery deer hunt at Garner instead.
          Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Tyhp

My daughter won a bowhunt through TYHP! Something to look forward to 1st weekend of November!

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
              My daughter won a bowhunt through TYHP! Something to look forward to 1st weekend of November!
              Congrats!

Comment

Awesome! Which ranch? Touton?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                  Awesome! Which ranch? Touton?

Yes sir!

Comment

Yes sir!
                    Awesome, my oldest got to hunt on that one several years ago. Was a great hunt. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                      Awesome, my oldest got to hunt on that one several years ago. Was a great hunt. Good luck!!

Nice. Was it pretty successful for most of the kids?

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait until my daughter is old enough to hunt with me

Comment

Definitely not my year

Comment

Nice. Was it pretty successful for most of the kids?
                            It was 7 years ago but there were plenty of targets.

Comment

If my calculations are correct, shouldn't the 2nd draw happen tomorrow for E-Postcard Deer and National Refuge Youth Deer?

Comment

I applied for 87 hunts this year and so far have drawn Aransas NWR Archery Deer and Laguna Archery Deer.

15 more draws to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X