Watch this before buying a Milwaukee 1/2” impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Milwaukee made a design change and that’s why there have been multiple, early tool failures. It’s a shame Milwaukee chose to do this. Being someone who repaired and maintained entire fleets of equipment and vehicles, I used Milwaukee impacts a lot and on a wide variety of machinery.

I hope the company will correct the design issues quickly and resume making rugged impacts.

Our lifetime of *TOOL RANKINGS* https://torquetestchannel.etsy.comReporting on the recent introduction of the H96B serial code of the Milwaukee 1/2" high Tor...

It happens in mfg...I honestly don't know how the new design got into production & should have shown problems during their engineering sample runs with such a high rate of failures.

Comment

Is this more of their stuff that’s made in China?

Comment

because they hired retired Ford truck engineers......

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
          because they hired retired Ford truck engineers......
          Wrong ! If they did, there would be a bunch of useless crap in the settings that I can definitely do without !

Comment

My old one is a beast . I actually use my 12v 1/2 drive more then my high torque. Haven’t had it not do anything I needed it to do .

Comment

Well I just checked mine out and I’ve got the H96A so maybe mine is good to go. I haven’t used it much but it’s been great so far.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.. I've only recently purchased my 1st Milwaukee brand tool and it's the 18volt lithium, 3/8" drive drill and impact and the batteries are absolute junk.. My 15 year old 19.2v Craftsman drill outlasts them 4:1...

Comment

That’s why I use DeWalt !

Comment

My son was just talking about buying a Milwaukee 1/2" impact, I sent him those 2 links

Sounds like cutting corners to increase profit might cost them

Comment

Man I just bought a set a few weeks ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post

I’m right there with you Bro….

Now to go see which model I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                          Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          I’m right there with you Bro….

Now to go see which model I got.
                          I would definitely be taking them back! Those guts are absolute junk!

Comment

Why change the original design. It was bulletproof.. It had all the same type parts.. Just bad engineering on th new model

Comment

Good info. Been using dewalt for a long time and after watching some coworkers busting big flanges, I'd usually crank the compressor for, with the older milwaukee I've been thinking of swapping over, but this saved me. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X