Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazy that UT can lose the game and their starting QB for a month and still climb into the top25.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
      You can put all the blame you want on the coaches (some of it rightfully so), but when there's a talent disparity between the two teams like there was on Saturday, some of it has to fall on the players. Same can be said about the Texas vs Kansas game last year. At some point, the bigger and better kids just have to get ****** off and say "we aint losing this game".
      It's the coach's job to give them the mentatily they need to do that. Especially the ones that didn't have strong father figures in their life. You need BOTH physical and mental capability. Doubt and lack of confidence will always lead to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        As outsiders, most of us will never understand Midnight Yell. It comes across as a cult. This dude is a complete embarrassment to the University and should probably think, before he does his next stand-up comedy act. I'm pretty certain this yell leader has no clue where Jimbo Fisher grew up and played CFB .. you guessed it, Jimbo is from West Virginia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Bxp5JSiII
        That was painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          You can put all the blame you want on the coaches (some of it rightfully so), but when there's a talent disparity between the two teams like there was on Saturday, some of it has to fall on the players. Same can be said about the Texas vs Kansas game last year. At some point, the bigger and better kids just have to get ****** off and say "we aint losing this game".
          I agree 100% as it comes down to discipline and execution on the field. I saw no leaders on the field for A&M. Sooner or later, your favorite team will be a 4-TD home favorite over a "rent a win" program from the SunBelt or similar conference. I watched LSU lay an egg vs. TROY and get humiliated at home. ALA did the same vs. ULM 15 yrs ago. Michigan also learned about taking App St. for granted. This past weekend it happened to A&M. Is it the most embarrassing loss in school history ? Only an alum or diehard Aggie fan can comment on that title.

These lesser opponent teams come in with a "David vs. Goliath" mentality. I've personally attended games and watched App State play for the last 8 yrs since they entered the Sun Belt Conf. The Mountaineers have always been a thorn in ULL's side. At one point App won 6 straight games until last year. They play very physical, they don't turn the ball over yet force your team to make mistakes, and they eat up time of possession by converting crucial 3rd and 4th downs. Their RB Peoples could definitely start for a number of SEC teams. I'm not shocked by the Mountaineers huge upset Saturday in College Station. Just surprised A&M players had no sense of urgency, App owned the trenches, and the coaches had no answer or in game adjustments. Achane was the only bright spot for A&M as I would have made sure he had 25+ touches.

Comment

Man, i don't have the time anymore but soooo many arrogant posts from the Offseason CFB Thread that i would love to revisit this afternoon

Edit: Maybe i'll put an intern on it and have a nice collage of posts put together lol
            Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-12-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
              "He is not healthy." Sarkisian on QB Maalik Murphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              What is wrong with him. Did he get hurt in practice?

I would like to see the NCAA make pancaking the QB a targeting call. The Bama defender took 3 steps before hitting Ewers then put all his weight on top of him. If this is not targeting, then what is. I know he didn't hit him in the head or neck area or with the crown of the helmet, but he put him out for 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post

I would like to see the NCAA make pancaking the QB a targeting call. The Bama defender took 3 steps before hitting Ewers then put all his weight on top of him. If this is not targeting, then what is. I know he didn't hit him in the head or neck area or with the crown of the helmet, but he put him out for 4 weeks.
                Haha come on.... That's football. It's gotten soft enough as is.

Comment

haha out loud

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    As outsiders, most of us will never understand Midnight Yell. It comes across as a cult. This dude is a complete embarrassment to the University and should probably think, before he does his next stand-up comedy act. I'm pretty certain this yell leader has no clue where Jimbo Fisher grew up and played CFB .. you guessed it, Jimbo is from West Virginia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Bxp5JSiII
                    What in tarnation!

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      Man, i don't have the time anymore but soooo many arrogant posts from the Offseason CFB Thread that i would love to revisit this afternoon
                      Edit: Maybe i'll put an intern on it and have a nice collage of posts put together lol
                      Please do! I am sure the mods would love to have this group rehash months of penned up energy! What is the sarcasm emoji?

Let it go and just move on. I made comments after the games on Saturday and I usually don’t act that way ANYMORE! I would like to apologize to all of my fans out there!

Hook ‘em and I am looking forward to a night game at DKR!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                        It's the coach's job to give them the mentatily they need to do that. Especially the ones that didn't have strong father figures in their life. You need BOTH physical and mental capability. Doubt and lack of confidence will always lead to failure.
                        You're right, lets just remove all responsibility from the young men that were actually out on the field. I'm sure if Jimbo had just schemed better it would have stopped the players from fumbling the football 4 times.

Jimbo definitely was out there kicking that last field goal attempt too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          I did not realize that A&M had that problem. How many players without “strong father figures” are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            Josh Pate on Jimbo: Jimbo's offense is like a jug of milk that expired in 2014... and he makes you chug it every Saturday!

If watching that football game had a taste it could have been sour milk.

Comment

He is not 100% from a HS injury.

Comment

Pretty funny

Comment

Working...
                                X