No announcement yet.

Losing a hunting buddy to his wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I introduced my wife to hunting now she gets upset if she can't go. She also insists to process the deer from field dressing to the vacuum sealing process...love it!

Comment

My wife let's me go one Saturday a month

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
        I guess it could be taken that I always have to get clearance. In the past it was a given that I’d be hunting a lot during season and she was cool with it.

When you have a 3month old, were gone for 6 months of the pregnancy, home for 2 weeks when she was born and then gone for another 2.5 months…. It’s best to get clearance. Haha.
        I stand corrected Sir, and I can see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
          Happy wife, happy life.
          That saying is waaay over rated. One can be happy and the other miserable, I’ve seen it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Would that be all day or just a morning hunt ?

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
              I introduced my wife to hunting now she gets upset if she can't go. She also insists to process the deer from field dressing to the vacuum sealing process...love it!

Same here. I like it but while she enjoys all that stuff I still get stuck with the bill for everything. My hunting costs doubled when we got married but I guess it could be worse. Like OP’s friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's you go...... like you have to ask permission?

Comment

Man and this is part of the problem in our world today!! No backbone.

A bunch of yes men!

And yes I am married happily, hunt when I want and have kids.

MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE RIGHT WEDDING!!!!!!

Comment

Happy wife, happy life.

Yes a happy wife does make life easier, but it doesn't make you happy.

I know several people who live to make their woman happy, and I can tell you they aint happy.

Grow men saying stuff like " I wish" or "must be nice" when we talk about hunting is just admitting to being a lil batch and not having an adult conversation with their S.O. about compromising. Relationships are a balancing act of give and take. If your with someone who only takes that's going to be a long miserable life.

Comment

Mighty nice of her!

Comment

Make sure you let him know that his wife is welcome to join the hunting group. Once she gets to know you, hopefully she'll either 1)love to join or 2)be comfortable knowing he is with a good group and she doesn't have to worry when he is with yall.

can't really be mad at him if they are still in the honeymoon phase of the relationship!

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                          My dad got married to my mom November 30th. My Dad was a die hard deer hunter and everyone said well he will never hunt again. My dad told my mom that if their anniversary was Tuesday-Thursday he would be home. Friday-Monday they would celebrate it Tuesday-Thursday. They did that till he passed. I got married in October I told my wife I will be home on our anniversary. 22 years this year and no issues.
                          I killed a buck on our anniversary last year and my wife road with me to the processor that evening as our anniversary celebration!
                          This year for our anniversary, she said she's doing the shootin'.... heck yeah!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy wife, happy life.
                            ........for her

Comment

I love my wife way more than hunting & killing stuff but if she demanded I stop I imagine I would laugh at her for being silly. She probably wants me in the brush at times but isn’t fond of me hunting in Mexico. In high school I had a few girlfriends that I ghosted during the holidays to hunt. I bet they paid me back Having babies can throw curveballs at your schedule in the brush. Age and all kinds of factors come into play. 20 years is a good chunk of time to hunt with somebody. Sounds to me like he will be back soon

Comment

So the other 3 Saturdays you have to tell her to get bent[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X