No announcement yet.

Very small acreage bow hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In college I had a buddy that lived right on the county line on an acre in San Marcos. I set a pop up with the back to the county line and shot a doe in his yard Halloween morning after drinking all night. Rage in the cage! 30 yards!

Comment

Thanks for the input. Sometime this month I’ll try to get a small feeder and game cam set up and see what happens. Hopefully no new building happens before October and make all the effort go to waste.

Comment

Put the feeder 5 yards from the fence. Set up stand in the middle of the property and make sure at least 2 but preferably 3 windows face the neighbors.

Comment

Hand corn
          Matthews Halon 6
          Rage...watchem drop

Comment

I hunt lots of small parcels of land. I’ve killed a ton of animals off of 5ac or less. Biggest track I have to hunt on is 15-20ac. Honestly I wouldn’t throw a feeder unless you have a ton of pigs. I’d pile the corn high on the ground away from that tree line. Get you a nice ground blind and they will get used to it. What I’d be wanting the deer to do, is shoot as far away from the tree line as possible, hopefully once shot, they will stop there to look and see what happened and by then they will get light on their feet. Sounds to me your best odds would be late season when it’s cold and food is scarce. Just given the info. Also, I’d use whatever tool you are most confident in. As far as broad head, I’d honestly use a rage hypo. Been killing with them since they came out. I’ll get heat over that one haha

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
              I hunted on a little 5 acre place in Lampasas as well as the 15 that was butted up to it owned by the same guy. Put a feeder on that 5 acres and would see all kinds of deer just passing through. You never know what will show up come rut. I'd go with a stinger buzz cut. From experience it flys truest to a field point for fixed blades. Either way a double lung shot should keep them from running too far. Haven't had one run over 20 yds with a double lung.
              This is so true. My property is 35 ac but still the deer I see don't hold and move through my corridor along the creek and its surrounding woods. I have one feeder that will keep them a little while. Last year I shot a nice 8 pt. in rut, never saw him before on cam or visually. So yes, you never know during the rut.

Comment

Biggest Buck I ever shot with my bow was on 8 acres.
                Go for it!!!

Comment

I bow hunt a place around 15 acres.

Comment

Been almost 2 weeks of feeder going off twice a day. No corn has been eaten…

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                      Been almost 2 weeks of feeder going off twice a day. No corn has been eaten…

Turn it off or you will be growing corn under your feeder.

Or rake up all the old corn and only throw for a second until you have pics of a deer feeding there

Comment

It is well worth a try. Put a feeder out and you will probably be very surprised at what shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Turn it off or you will be growing corn under your feeder.

Or rake up all the old corn and only throw for a second until you have pics of a deer feeding there
                          Have it set at 1 second before first light and at 8pm. Thinking of setting it once at midnight? Most of the deer I’ve seen have been late at night. Think maybe if they are passing through and hear the dinner bell the corn will be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            Right this second the worlds largest deer is on a piece of land less than 10 square feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Mind blown.

Comment

Definitely go for it. I these 2 knot heads on 10 acres that I only hand corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hand corn only...

minimal traffic...you will see a change in pattern through sept oct nov...hunt only when wind is taking your scent away from where you think they are bedded/coming from to feed.

just be able to hit what you are shooting with and goodluck!

Comment

Working...
                                X