X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test

female

Comment

Very cool hunt so far, and also great pics of a beautiful area.

Comment

Wow! How cool is this.. I was sitting here packing to leave for HC Saturday. Looking forward to your story.

Comment

Nice write up so far! looking forward to the rest of the story

Comment

Oh come on. You got me hooked then you stop! Not cool man!

Didn’t know you could bait bears anywhere in the states. Learned something. Maybe I need to shoot a stick at yogi

Comment

Tuned in for the rest of the story.

Comment

Excellent write up!

So what was Brook besides your guide - what's hidden in the mystery chain of asterisks? Lady is too short a word, B A would fit, but not without the dash. Female isn't a blocked word.....

Sounds like Brook put you on what looks like a big enough bear straight away.

Comment

In...

Comment

Good stuff here!

Comment

Following. That's some rugged country on the Salmon River.

Riggins gets crazy in the summer when all of the rafters show up. Seven Devils Saloon will hurt you.

Hogboy

Comment

****** = ba

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          ****** = ba

Comment

Brook....... A little side note about mine and Hunter's guide. I did say she. She is a 20 yo from Wisconsin who went to a guide school when she was 18 so she could get a job out west as a guide and explore new things. Carries a big 'ole 40 cal semi on her hip and was 100% awesome. She's probably 5'3" at best and maybe 130, only because she's all muscle. This description will become very relavent later on.

She did some strong work on this hunt.https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ighlight=Brook

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                              Brook....... A little side note about mine and Hunter's guide. I did say she. She is a 20 yo from Wisconsin who went to a guide school when she was 18 so she could get a job out west as a guide and explore new things. Carries a big 'ole 40 cal semi on her hip and was 100% awesome. She's probably 5'3" at best and maybe 130, only because she's all muscle. This description will become very relavent later on.

She did some strong work on this hunt.https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ighlight=Brook
                              I showed her your thread, she laughed.

Comment

DAY 3 – 5/2

Sleep was restless, and my 530 alarm came quick. Bobbi was there when I woke up already cooking breakfast and packing lunches for the day.

This morning I would meet the houndsman, Micah. Hounds in the morning, bait in the evening.

We got geared up, and three of us crammed into the Tundra with the dogs in the back. The plan was to drive to the hunting area, put a couple dogs on top of the box, then drive the likely roads until the dogs would ‘strike’. Also while we were out and about, we checked camera cards (many technical difficulties haha), and rebaited several areas with frosting, caramel, granola, oil and old meat; a nasty concoction that you did not want to get on you.

The dogs struck a couple times, we let them out, and watched the do their thing on the GPS. They are incredible animals, the amount of ground they can cover in super rough terrain is unbelievable.

We didn’t get anything treed, so back to the lodge around 2 for a nap, then the rain started…and it rained hard all afternoon and all night. Not good for bear movement, and not good for my cold *** to sit in, so we decided to have an early dinner, drink some whiskey and went to bed.

The plan for the next morning was to hit it again with the hounds if it wasn’t still pouring rain…

Comment

Working...
                                X