DIY Arkansas Archery Bear Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Arkansas Archery Bear Hunt

Wish me luck! I’m headed back to the Ouachita Mountains on Sunday (9/26/21) for a week long backpack bear hunt. This will be my first official bear hunt. I’ve hunted deer in the Ouachitas since 2002, but only during rifle season. Archery deer season runs concurrently with archery bear, so hopefully I can bring home something.

I was born and raised in Arkansas, and when I was a teen my Grandpa bought me a lifetime hunting license. Thanks to him, this trip is only costing me gas and PTO!

I’ve seen posts on here before about DIY Arkansas bear hunts, so I figured I throw another one up and have the Green Screen hold me accountable. I’ll post as service allows during the trip.

Best of luck to you Sir! Hope you paint an arrow red !!

Comment

Following! We will be up in mena next weekend but no hunting unfortunately.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck. Are you baiting or...

Comment

Good luck. I'll be looking forward to updates on this thread!!!

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

I’m in AR myself on public land this morning for opening day of Archery season. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                  Good luck. Are you baiting or...

No sir, I’ll be on public land in Zone 2. Baiting is only allowed on private land.

My plan is to set-up on some sign and blow a fawn bleat. Probably just gonna scare everything out of the county, but at least I’ll be outside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
                    I’m in AR myself on public land this morning for opening day of Archery season. Good luck!

I originally planned to start my hunt today, but them danged ol Razorbacks are starting to look good so I decided to buy some tickets and watch em play A&M.

Save some animals for me, please sir!

Comment

Just realized I never followed up on this thread…

Two things, I saw a ton of deer and zero bears and/or sign on my hunt, and research the trail restrictions before you head into a National Forest in Arkansas.

I can’t write here what I felt in my soul when I had walked 5 miles from my truck and started hearing tinges of “Rainbow in the dark” by Dio playing on a Cam-Am speaker system that was headed my way…

Wilderness areas folks, that’s where Dio and Can-Ams aren’t allowed and rainbows are never in the dark…

Comment

I did see beautiful scenery, find a few quartz crystals, eat some fresh-ripe muscadines, and enjoy some Ouachita mountain creek water though! Don’t worry, I left the crystals where I found them.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X