GTI (Gone To Idaho)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTI (Gone To Idaho)

After contemplating it for a while, we are relocating to North Idaho! It is somewhat bittersweet to leave Texas. I love what is left of our culture and I am an 8th Generation Texan. I have deep roots here. However, my ancestors came here looking for what I am seeking in Idaho. In our opinion Coeur D'Alene has it all. Four seasons, lots of lakes and water, conservative populace, MILLIONS OF ACRES OF PUBLIC LAND!! Hunting is almost exclusively on public land in Idaho. Over 75 percent of the state is USFS, BLM, State, NPS, or USFWS land. Game to hunt within an hour of my house:
    1. Whitetails
    2. Mule Deer
    3. Elk
    4. Moose
    5. Black Bears
    6. Sheep
    7. Goats
    8. Wolves
    9. Turkeys
    10. Quail
    11. Geese/Ducks
    12. ETC, ETC

One of the things that surprised me are the amounts of turkeys and whitetails up there. I knew their were deer but Turkeys are EVERYWHERE.

Also, I am selling stuff, so if you want something hit me up! Here are my classified ads so far.

Adios Amigo.

Comment

I may want to have a long talk with you fairly soon. I also am looking to retire and move to the N/W. Been selling parts to the east coast of Washington State, Oregon, and Northern California for years. It's like selling stuff to people in Llano. There are some serious redneck hunter / fish heads up there.
      The fishing opportunities are as cool as the hunting. Buying licenses in 3 states and Canada should be reasonable as a senior........

Comment

I don’t see any down side. I bet it’s a Wonderful place to live

Comment

Beautiful country there, best of luck!

Comment

Good luck. You don't have to talk me into it...sounds wonderful!

Comment

I love Idaho! I've hunted a couple of times out of Kamiah, Id. It is literally a paradise for sportsmen. Congratulations on this opportunity!

Comment

I want to follow you

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  I may want to have a long talk with you fairly soon. I also am looking to retire and move to the N/W. Been selling parts to the east coast of Washington State, Oregon, and Northern California for years. It's like selling stuff to people in Llano. There are some serious redneck hunter / fish heads up there.
                  The fishing opportunities are as cool as the hunting. Buying licenses in 3 states and Canada should be reasonable as a senior........
                  I'd love to have a talk with you. Choose Idaho, the whole state is conservative.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I lived there for 12 yrs. near the Boise area, absolutely loved it, wife has Lupas so she can't handle the cold anymore. It is AWESOME there.

Comment

Never been to Idaho but sounds like I would like it

Comment

Go every summer, we stay in Driggs. Went through Couer D’Alene this summer, super nice place, I am jealous!!! Continue to post, I hope to have a home there one day. Congrats

Comment

What's the plan for your real estate? Have someone manage for you or sell all of it.

Comment

Congrats. Welcome to our great state. Hope you enjoy it, and have the time of your life exploring new country..

Comment

Friend of mine's son,is a park ranger somewhere;up there.He said next to Iowa,nicest people in the USA..
                              Congratulations bubba.Maybe someday I'll join ya.I love old Texas..New Texas is gettin' under my skin nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X