No announcement yet.

GTI (Gone To Idaho)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m excited for you and hope you post up here about your future hunting.

Do you have kids? What are their approx age ranges? (Maybe I can convince my wife bc Mr Bucksmasher did it with his kids at ages x,y,z).
    Last edited by MLank; 10-10-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
      I’m excited for you and hope you post up here about your future hunting.

Do you have kids? What are their approx age ranges? (Maybe I can convince my wife bc Mr Bucksmasher did it with his kids at ages x,y,z).
      No kids yet but we are trying, thats yet another reason we are moving. We want to raise our kids with an outdoors lifestyle, not inside hiding from the heat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it get cold up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Does it get cold up there?
          Somewhat, but not like MN, WI or some frigid place. Average annual minimum is 10.

Comment

OP, best of luck. Sounds like you've done your homework and know where you're going.

Comment

Congrats, Bucksmasher and thanks for the info. If you are ever in Moscow, Idaho, look up Brian Keeney, the owner of Occam Defense. He’s a helluva guy and a Constitution loving Patriot. He also makes a **** fine AK.

The wife and I are quite a ways from retiring but land ain’t getting any cheaper and we want to retire somewhere that has four seasons. I love Texas but the older I get, the less I can handle the heat. Idaho sounds like heaven to me. Hunting in the mountains and fly fishing? Count me in.

Comment

Sounds awesome to me!

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  OP, best of luck. Sounds like you've done your homework and know where you're going.
                  Thank you!

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                  Congrats, Bucksmasher and thanks for the info. If you are ever in Moscow, Idaho, look up Brian Keeney, the owner of Occam Defense. He’s a helluva guy and a Constitution loving Patriot. He also makes a **** fine AK.

The wife and I are quite a ways from retiring but land ain’t getting any cheaper and we want to retire somewhere that has four seasons. I love Texas but the older I get, the less I can handle the heat. Idaho sounds like heaven to me. Hunting in the mountains and fly fishing? Count me in.
                  Don't wait until you are too old!

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  Sounds awesome to me!
                  Thank you!

Comment

Just closed! Pics are screenshots from internet, I need to take some more!

Comment

Congrats! Looks beautiful!

Comment

I’ll bet you will regret not getting there sooner. If I weren’t so **** old I’d move somewhere too. Wyoming would be no. 1 on my list. As you said Texas is not the same anymore.

Comment

Really close to Washington. Keep the liberals in their side of the border.

Comment

Man,what a pretty place!! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                              Man,what a pretty place!! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
                              Of course it was pretty last week, and will be warm next week but we get stuck in the first big snowstorm of the year... I love watching jt snow and it is much more comfortable than the 90 degree weather we packed up in!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

We sent our daughters to school in Post Falls till college and would go several times a year to the that area . Our oldest daughter just bought a place in Post Falls ; she loves the area . We just bought a place near the Oklahoma / Kansas line but still may end up in Idaho later on . It is a Beautiful Area and you are Spot On with all the Positives . If you miss The Austin Scene you can run over to Spokane ; it's a bit Liberal but not as bad as Austin . There are some Californians that have migrated that way but it is not as bad as it was several years back . The only thing you might miss is Bass Fishing if you like that .

Comment

Working...
                                X