Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Well....we're about 30 days out from the South Opener

This year will be a little different than years past. We'll be hunting some of the usual spots in Texas, but also making a trips to Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma. With my work situation being a little different this year, my plan is to take advantage of the "free" time and get out of state as much as possible.

What are the chances any of you guys are familiar with public land in Oklahoma or Kansas???

Oklahoma public is tough from what I’ve read elsewhere. Iowa should be great, based on what the “hunting public” boys did up there last year. If you have a kayak, take it up some of the creeks to access some stuff guys on foot would have a harder time getting to.

Comment

Good luck, looking forward to it....

Comment

Originally posted by Beards&Spurs View Post
        Oklahoma public is tough from what I’ve read elsewhere. Iowa should be great (based on what the “hunting public” boys did up there last year.
        We are lucky enough to be hunting private land in Iowa and Nebraska...My research is giving me mixed feelings on OK

Comment

Definitely in for the adventure. This thread never disappoints!

Comment

Sounds like a great line-up!! Good luck Clay!!

I’ll be hunting Atascosa county. Saw some big birds during deer season, just need to get them to come and play.

Comment

Can’t wait Boys

Comment

Sounds like you got a full schedule Clay. That's awesome. OK public will have a lot of pressure especially from out of staters. KS gets plenty too but more spread out between more areas to hunt. Most people hunt the walk in turkey hunt areas compared to wma's and corps of engineer properties. Are you hunting merriams in NE? If so northwest or north central? Looking forward to your updates and Zima breaks

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                  Sounds like you got a full schedule Clay. That's awesome. OK public will have a lot of pressure especially from out of staters. KS gets plenty too but more spread out between more areas to hunt. Most people hunt the walk in turkey hunt areas compared to wma's and corps of engineer properties. Are you hunting merriams in NE? If so northwest or north central? Looking forward to your updates and Zima breaks
                  Smart already criticized me for the weak intro so I'll provide some more details when I get a minute

For Nebraska, I'll be hunting South Central on some private land. I assume those are all Rios.

Comment

How the heck you gonna pack all yalls gadgets and gear into some
                    Public land

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                      How the heck you gonna pack all yalls gadgets and gear into some

Public land

Well....

I’m gonna catch some hell for this but I’ll be doing quite a bit of my hunting with the 20ga. I’ll provide some details on the turkey gun I “built”

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                        Well....

I’m gonna catch some hell for this but I’ll be doing quite a bit of my hunting with the 20ga. I’ll provide some details on the turkey gun I “built”

Comment

Nothing wrong with “jellying” a toms head to the fresh smell of burnt gun powder

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                            Nothing wrong with “jellying” a toms head to the fresh smell of burnt gun powder

There was 3 years ago when I was doing it..

Just sayin'..

Comment

Alright, ready for this thread to kick off!

Comment

Working...
                              X