Used car nightmare and need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    Drive the loaner till they get it fixed and dont worry about it. Consider it extra miles on your warranty
    X2

Perhaps I'm missing something here. Seems like a fairly minor issue that has a legitimate reason for taking additional time to fix. Dealer is providing a loaner vehicle for the duration. No question, it's frustrating, but I guess I'm missing the boat on what else the dealer needs to do.

Comment

Call JG Wentworth

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
        the things they tell you on not releasing are vehicle are crazy my buddy bought a new 16 duramx Def pump failed they had it for 4 months as there where no parts to be had and they could not release it well they give him a loaner a shiny black ltz 1/2 ton . He is a painter so white is the color of truck he buys , they told him the same thing 100 miles per day well he logs twice that on some days . as well the truck was covered in white paint when they call him back to the dealer to tell him that they still have no parts and that he can buy a new truck and they will make him a deal Not soo much .. Sorry my car I own it they will release it , or they can buy it back take your pick .
        They can't let you drive it off the lot becuase it is a safety issue. It would be against federal law to let you drive a car with a malfunctioning seat belt off the lot.

Everything else you said I agree with though.

Comment

Go hang a hammock at the stealership, get drunk and tell them you ain't leaving until it's fixed. If they don't believe you, show them pictures as proof you can and are willing to hangout.

Hope you get these issues worked out in a favorable and timely manner.

Comment

My dad got a loaner truck one time because his new truck had some kind of industrial fall-out on the paint and they were going to buff it out for him. He kept the loaner for 9 months and put 25,000 miles on it. Literally drove all over the country with it. Finally he called the dealership and asked if his truck was buffed out yet and they couldn't even find it. He finally got his truck back. I would use the loaner just as if it were the one I bought. If you would normally drive more than 100 miles a day then do it. If you would normally park at the airport then do it. Drive the loaner as long as they let you.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              My dad got a loaner truck one time because his new truck had some kind of industrial fall-out on the paint and they were going to buff it out for him. He kept the loaner for 9 months and put 25,000 miles on it. Literally drove all over the country with it. Finally he called the dealership and asked if his truck was buffed out yet and they couldn't even find it. He finally got his truck back. I would use the loaner just as if it were the one I bought. If you would normally drive more than 100 miles a day then do it. If you would normally park at the airport then do it. Drive the loaner as long as they let you.

The problem is they can’t put me in a car like I’m paying for. If they put me in a car that’s equal it wouldn’t be as big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the things they tell you on not releasing are vehicle are crazy my buddy bought a new 16 duramx Def pump failed they had it for 4 months as there where no parts to be had and they could not release it well they give him a loaner a shiny black ltz 1/2 ton . He is a painter so white is the color of truck he buys , they told him the same thing 100 miles per day well he logs twice that on some days . as well the truck was covered in white paint when they call him back to the dealer to tell him that they still have no parts and that he can buy a new truck and they will make him a deal Not soo much .. Sorry my car I own it they will release it , or they can buy it back take your pick .
                ^^^^^^^
                This

I could not have said it better myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  The problem is they can’t put me in a car like I’m paying for. If they put me in a car that’s equal it wouldn’t be as big of a deal.

You should do business with a better dealership next time. Like Sewell.

Comment

Now that is hard to read.

Comment

New portion of the wiring harness has been put in and it may have fixed the problem. They now have to put all the panels back on and drive it a few miles Monday to make sure the light stays off.

Comment

Used car nightmare and need advice.

Got my car back tonight after one month in the shop. Basically what I gathered after talking with my service advisor is that this could have been handled in a few days if they would have just replaced the seatbelt instead of waiting on a tool from Germany for 25 days to replace a seatbelt sensor. It ended up being a section of wiring harness that they overnighted on Thursday to replace on Friday.

They also ended up installing a new seatbelt which would have sped up the process by 3.5 weeks instead of waiting for the tool to replace the sensor.

I think they were also waiting on a scan tool but still I can’t believe it took this long for an airbag light.

Last edited by Black Ice; 02-18-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

One wonders why a dealership did not already have that tool.

Comment

Wiring problems with an Audi? That's like buying a camry and wondering why it's so reliable......

Comment

Working...
                            X