Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
      North Texas Tannery is like $45 and they do great work
      ^

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
        North Texas Tannery is like $45 and they do great work
        Yup

Comment

So for those of you that have used north Texas tannery how did you get the hides top them? I have one in the freezer I need to send and want to do it right

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
            So for those of you that have used north Texas tannery how did you get the hides top them? I have one in the freezer I need to send and want to do it right
            Austin...I have mine tanned by Gary at Rhodes. It is expensive, but he lets me hunt there so... When it was ready, I drove down the road a bit on Junction hwy to Anderson Upholstery and sold the hide for $50 more than it cost to have it tanned
            Good sized Axis hide worth $175 tanned with no holes. So neck shoot'em!
            There are cheap places that you can mail away the hide like https://www.usafoxx.com/index.php?ro...ry&path=62_111

But $45 at North Texas tannery cannot be beat.

Comment

I paid way more than that and am still waiting on one.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Send it frozen UPS on Tuesday. Done a bunch of them. $45 and they do quality work

Comment

I assume next day air does it need to be in a special insulated box?

Tony this is a sika hide which does not have the street value of axis. Son wants it in his room

Comment

My taxidermist charges me around $120. I choose this...

Comment

North Texas Tannery in Denton Tx. $45 mail in or drop off.

Comment

I do the drop off. It’s about a 8 month wait to get them back.

Comment

I ship in a regular box and wrap in trash bag. Never had an isssue. I would guess about 90% of their work is for taxidermist. Cool guys. Gave my kids a tour and showed them a bunch of different hides from all over the world

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Austin...I have mine tanned by Gary at Rhodes. It is expensive, but he lets me hunt there so... When it was ready, I drove down the road a bit on Junction hwy to Anderson Upholstery and sold the hide for $50 more than it cost to have it tanned
                            Good sized Axis hide worth $175 tanned with no holes. So neck shoot'em!
                            There are cheap places that you can mail away the hide like https://www.usafoxx.com/index.php?ro...ry&path=62_111

But $45 at North Texas tannery cannot be beat.

Gary does all of my taxidermy work as well. They do good work. I was shocked the last time I had an axis hide tanned.

Comment

North Texas Tannery

Put frozen hide in bag and then box and send UPS. Should be there the following day

If you have a little styrofoam cooler like Omaha steaks come in that will work too

I took a beaver, red fox, 2 axis and a 4horn cross sheep my last batch so I drove them up. But I am only about a hour and a half from them
                              He has always done me right

Sika may be more than $45

Comment

Working...
                              X