Homemade Feeder PHOTO Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Feeder PHOTO Thread

Constantly designing, re-working, and building either corn or protein feeders. Always remember feeders I see on here, but can never find the pics. Would you all post pics of feeders that you have built on this thread so they are concentrated together please.

GO!

I would start in the 'D-I-Y Projects' section of this forum. Tons of fantastic designs from members that really know what they're doing. Grab a cup of coffee or beer, and a notepad, and block out an hour or 2, just my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
      I would start in the 'D-I-Y Projects' section of this forum. Tons of fantastic designs from members that really know what they're doing. Grab a cup of coffee or beer, and a notepad, and block out an hour or 2, just my advice.
      I am in the DIY forum.... I just would like folks to compile pics here so they are concentrated in one post for ease of scanning thru...

I will post some that I have made for us when I get some spare time....hope others will join in.

Comment

First one is load from the top with a ladder and the second one we have on a crank so you can let it down.
        Attached Files

Comment

I am in no way a "good" welder but I can make it work. I liked the idea of the "stand and fill" style feeders but did not like not being able to shoot behind the feeder.

One side is gravity fed protein and other is normal corn feeder. (Both 55gal)

The platform in the middle of the two is 5ft high and about 3'x3'. I can stack feed sacks up easily from the ground then climb up and stand on the platform putting the tops of the barrels waist high for very easy filling similar to the stand and fills but still able to shoot behind the feeder.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Not exactly a home built this is more of a redesign but it's the best feeder I've ever owned.
            Started life as a cheap "Ol' Man" brand (I think) 200 lb but I made the mistake of trying to move it full and the cheap legs buckled and the whole thing twisted up so I built an exoskeleton for it. The spinner rides inside two dinner plate size discs that are less than an inch apart. The coons can't get to it and it makes a huge racket when it spins and it throws the corn 50 feet in all directions.

Comment

My culvert pipe protein feeder. Holds around 1,100 pounds of protein.
              Fill it with ladder. Added CoonHoods to all 3 feed spouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 550 pound air tank feeder with Krivoman directional unit. Stand and fill.

Comment

About 10 years ago a lease buddy and I decided we had enough of carrying a ladder around to fill feeders so we built six of these - when that group broke up I kept two of them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fdr.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	24564134

Comment

Made both.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The stand and fills that I build.

Comment

[QUOTE=TXBRASS;13870008]My 550 pound air tank feeder with Krivoman directional unit. Stand and fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

You're gonna have deer in your driveway ]

Comment

LOL.... u got me there. Here ya go:

Comment

Here is a big one me and buddy built. Cut a 500 gallon propane tank in half.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I also have a double 55 gallon barrel feeder hanging around 20’ in the air. I will snap a photo of it next time at the lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X