No announcement yet.

Project Container Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you out any moisture barrier between the finished sheet wall and the insulation.

Thanks Steven.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotsman 1 View Post
      Did you out any moisture barrier between the finished sheet wall and the insulation.

Thanks Steven.

No. But I will have to install some ventilation to the attic area. Where it is there are no moisture issues in the summer but in the winter it sweats when we heat the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Containers load up and hit the road for their 400 mile ride to their permanent location.
        Nice job. Wish we could do something like that. A cover over the top with an airspace between will make a big difference in the inside temp when it's hot.

A few questions. Did you float and tape the drywall before you transported? What kind of rig did you bring in to haul the containers? Did the trailer tilt to load them?

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
          Nice job. Wish we could do something like that. A cover over the top with an airspace between will make a big difference in the inside temp when it's hot.

A few questions. Did you float and tape the drywall before you transported? What kind of rig did you bring in to haul the containers? Did the trailer tilt to load them?

Walls are paneling so no tape or float, paneling was mostly up before the move.

Trailer is tilted down in the pic you quoted, from there it was winched up by a winch at front of trailer.

Comment

Very cool project

Comment

Love the project, I would like to do something similar but with 20' containers so I could move them myself

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                As tight as those things are, it would take very little "supplemental" heat, on those occaisions that your main system may not kee p up. And I have a hard time believing those units won'tkeep up at 35-40, or 10-15 for that matter, in those containers. In a regular old structure maybe.....but not in those.

Awesome stuff.

Turns out Dale was spot on here. During the "blizzard of 2015" we stayed in camp with outside temps in the low 20's and had trouble keeping the wood stove choked down enough that we weren't sweating.

Surprisingly it was no too hot inside in Sept when temps were in high 90's as well

2 mini split AC's are back in the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox View Post
                  Awesome !! Awesome !!

Just a thought running thru my mind. How are you ventilating the "attic" portion of the container, as well as the living portion ? The metal containers will heat up and create moisture inside. It has to go somewhere.

Just wondering ?

This was no issue in the summer but is an issue now that we have added heat inside and cold outside.

Ventilation in the small attic area coming soon!

Comment

Question, did you leave in the original floor or did you replace the container floor?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                      Question, did you leave in the original floor or did you replace the container floor?

Left original, tile that looks like wood is in the plans.

Comment

Project Container Camp

Got the satellite set up in time for UFC

Comment

Annual Spring Break update

Not shown is the on demand water heater tucked away nicely under the bathroom vanity.

Got the shower in

Bathroom vanity, cabinets, mirror, lights and GFI installed

1 twin size and 1 double bunk built and in place

Living room is coming together with couch, Lazy Boy, Satalite TV, cell booster & DVR all set up. Hung a sign from my Grand Dads old Gas Station over the couch in his memory too.

Kitchen coming together with refrigerator, sink & stove all operational. Dish washer is just set in place.

Next up is AC and the fart fan in the bathroom

Comment

Looking good. Weather should be good up there if it's not blowing 80.

Fart fan you say? 250 count strike anywhere match

Comment

Really cozy looking. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

It is looking great. Thanks for bringing us along

Comment

Working...
                                X