Proud of my Shooter! A BIG Step!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud of my Shooter! A BIG Step!

We went to the range today...my wife and I and she did great!

The Story..We have been married for a little over 3 years now and Susan had been VERY nervous when it comes to firearms. She is a retired grade school teacher, 2 years ago and well aware of the dangerous times that seem to increase more and more every day.

Roughly 8 years ago, 5 years before I met her..she faced the ultimate terror when her husband at the time had a total breakdown. He was a physician who had mental issues and one night..he held a handgun to her head and threatened to kill her and her youngest son.

By God's protective hand, there were no shots fired and he was arrested and charged, convicted on numerous counts of attempted capital murder on police officers. Yep, he was pointing and threatening responding LEO'S and it was just a miracle he "or" anyone else was not shot.

But, to the point...when we were 1st introduced, it was a mutual "like" for each other and when we both knew we "both" were ok and loved each other, well...here we are today. She had never hunted, even shot any firearm but I'm so Dang proud of her.

I guess relating stories from my past life as an LEO helped, but really it was trust and her willingness to conquer her fears. I've always been a hunter and she has spent some fun and great times at the lease since we have been together.

Now..looking forward to her acquiring her LTC and NOT a bad outing for her 1st time shooting. After teaching her about her Valentine's semi and helping with the initial magazine loading and mechanics of her firearm, she did pretty well I think! I just ended up standing behind her and watching as she did everything necessary to progress in the process.

Just goes to show you, "fear" can be overcome if you just take the time to teach and rationalize the benefit. NO, not a great grouping for the "experts" but very good and would pass the 70% requirement from just today if all rounds were fired.

Oh, Walther 380 and did not scare her one bit!!
    Attached Files

Excellent shooting and teaching

Comment

When I took my CHL class years ago almost every woman in there had a story about an assault that led them to want to carry.

Was pretty eye opening to me.

Good for her, and you, shooting!

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Let her shoot a full size 9mm. Much easier to find the front post on and easier to shoot

Comment

Working...
          X