DPD ride along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPD ride along

Last Saturday I did a ride along with Dallas PD and it was fun to say the least. Met my ride along officer at 4:00 PM and was scheduled to ride till 12:00 PM.

Started out getting the run down on the car/contents guns etc... Then went through the radio and call sign for the evening. Foxtrot 535 Officer Grisham had an extra vest if shtf and I needed one. As we drove around some I heard a call about an assault. No biggie We talked guns and training and later he told his Sargent that he wouldn't mind if I was carrying. But still couldn't... lol

As we drove up by Forest Ln the assault turned into a switchblade and assault of a minor with injury. Now it was code 3 down Harry Hines. Every corner had hookers stop their standing and start walking. lol Got to the scene and almost immediately we heard the suspect may be at the corner attempting to leave. We found a lady fitting the description but it turned out to not be her. Went back to the scene. Grandmother beat up, strangled, switchblade pulled, grandson hit in head all by daughter and her girlfriend. They were found at the DART train station around the corner. All in all, 9 felonies...

Then we had a shoplifting call at a Marshall's. As the suspect attempted to leave the store loss prevention tried to stop him. We hit lights and siren and caught him in the parking lot were he "looked" amp'ed up and willing to fight. Officer had had his gun on him at the front bumper and hollering (very nicely ) to drop bag/get on ground/etc... Finally he complied and was cuffed about the time 6 more cars got there. Found out he had done heroin an hour before.

I can't go to the jail so I was handed off to the Sargent at about 10:30 to go home. We instead went to a stabbing call where grandpa wanted some bloomer puddin and grandma said no. A few punches then she was fixin food in hotel room. Grandpa then wanted some again so she cut him... lol

Fun ride around!!

Originally posted by WCB View Post
    Last Saturday I did a ride along with Dallas PD and it was fun to say the least. Met my ride along officer at 4:00 PM and was scheduled to ride till 12:00 PM.

Started out getting the run down on the car/contents guns etc... Then went through the radio and call sign for the evening. Foxtrot 535 Officer Grisham had an extra vest if shtf and I needed one. As we drove around some I heard a call about an assault. No biggie We talked guns and training and later he told his Sargent that he wouldn't mind if I was carrying. But still couldn't... lol

As we drove up by Forest Ln the assault turned into a switchblade and assault of a minor with injury. Now it was code 3 down Harry Hines. Every corner had hookers stop their standing and start walking. lol Got to the scene and almost immediately we heard the suspect may be at the corner attempting to leave. We found a lady fitting the description but it turned out to not be her. Went back to the scene. Grandmother beat up, strangled, switchblade pulled, grandson hit in head all by daughter and her girlfriend. They were found at the DART train station around the corner. All in all, 9 felonies...

Then we had a shoplifting call at a Marshall's. As the suspect attempted to leave the store loss prevention tried to stop him. We hit lights and siren and caught him in the parking lot were he "looked" amp'ed up and willing to fight. Officer had had his gun on him at the front bumper and hollering (very nicely ) to drop bag/get on ground/etc... Finally he complied and was cuffed about the time 6 more cars got there. Found out he had done heroin an hour before.

I can't go to the jail so I was handed off to the Sargent at about 10:30 to go home. We instead went to a stabbing call where grandpa wanted some bloomer puddin and grandma said no. A few punches then she was fixin food in hotel room. Grandpa then wanted some again so she cut him... lol

Fun ride around!!

Haven't heard that term in years.

Comment

I have always wanted to go on one of those. Sounds like a blast.

Comment

Bloomer puddin lmfao....never heard it called that

Comment

^ Hahaha

Comment

Thanks for going out and seeing what it can actually be sometimes. Days like the one you describe I actually miss. A lot. Minor baby mamma drama and accidents I don't miss much

Comment

Leave the hookers alone! They're just working their way through college. Plus they're fun to watch here on Lemmon when they get run off of Hines and Cedar Springs.

Comment

Do you stay in the car and get a recap once the officer is back or follow them around?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  Do you stay in the car and get a recap once the officer is back or follow them around?
                  Follow them around for the most part. I didn't get out on the gun drawn part until he had him cuffed but it was happening at the front bumper so I didn't need to be out... lol

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
                    I have always wanted to go on one of those. Sounds like a blast.

In the front seat I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

all that can be yours and get paid 60k a year, NOW WITHOUT COLLEGE CREDIT!!

Comment

Did you just pick up the phone and call them asking to ride around one night?

Comment

I thought it was called "Shaky Puddin"!!

Sounds like a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            In the front seat I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            The back seat sucks!

Comment

Did you get to turn on the lights and siren?

That would be a fun and eye opening experience.

I'd venture to guess 99% of the people have no idea what LEO have to endure on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X