TP&W is proposing banning night bowfishing for alligator gar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stoic View Post
    I hope there is some sarcasm in this post.
    Keep on bending till you have no rights, God given or not.

When you have to regulate killing Gar or Cockroaches, be proud of mankind.

Comment

I see several nice night fishing rigs headed toward Toledo and Rayburn on a regular basis and if passed that would hurt.
      Further up this thread it mentions some folks just leaving the dead carcasses piled up. I see this on occasion a couple of miles from my house in a main intersection. This sure makes sportsman look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        Keep on bending till you have no rights, God given or not.

When you have to regulate killing Gar or Cockroaches, be proud of mankind.
        Where would hunting and fishing be today without some regulation? I don’t like all regulations and rules but they are needed. I am ignorant about the gator gar numbers and the science of their sustainability so I can’t offer a real opinion about that.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          Lots of misinformation
          Are you suggesting that all of the scientific evidence that GarGuy helped collect (that was subsequently tossed out by TPWD) was misinformation?

Comment

3/4 of the earth covered by water and we have regulations and need a license to live. So I guess its a lie that God gave us dominion.

Kings and legislation is good...

Satan, and if you are desensitized enough to believe such, then you are of your father.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              Sorry, I'm in agreement
              Me too

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                The science doesn't support a need for change. Although I would agree that for our image's sake a change is called for requiring consumption. I'd like to see something along the lines of a waste of game regulation. Heck if we can require people to take the meat from their javelinas, why not gator gar?

Of course any new regulations need to go for anglers too. What's good for the goose...
                I believe alligator gar are classified as gamefish and it's illegal to waste them.

Also due to all the dead fish dumping, all legal fish species shot with an arrow can't be dumped back into the water. Even exotic species like carp.

Comment

This isn't going to stop until we get certain commissioner out of that position. He's always had it out for bowfirshermen. From what I understand he's not elected but appointed so he can screw us around all we want without fear of any consequences. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.He needs to go.
                  Fact. Nothing good will happen for bowfishermen as long as that pr**k with ears is on the commission. Lots of good people in the trenches but the commission runs the show.

Comment

The data tpwd has collected shows no threat or decline. That is all public in the hearing transcripts . See pic above of inland fisheries Ken Kurzawski clearly stating we are at a sustainable harvest.
                    Agree with bowfishing or not. This is not just about bowfishing. This is about the due process tpwd has to follow. Regulations are to be based off science and data collected by biologists that our tax dollars and license fees pay. They have a duty to preserve and offer as much sustainable opportunity to fisherman/anglers/hunters alike. This would be no different if all the sudden a commissioner were to say don’t shoot 11 point bucks because..... well I like the number 11. There is truly no data supporting these new proposed regulations.

As far as the fish dumping, it is unethical and they should be punished. It is no different than any other broken law. Wanton waste does cover the alligator gar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                          3/4 of the earth covered by water and we have regulations and need a license to live. So I guess its a lie that God gave us dominion.

Kings and legislation is good...

Satan, and if you are desensitized enough to believe such, then you are of your father.
                          WE do have dominion, WE make laws to regulate. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean WE are not exercising God-given dominion. The world does not revolve around the individual. I am a Christian, but Christianity really shouldn't be dragged into nor applied to any of this stuff.
                          Last edited by justletmein; 01-25-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Are you suggesting that all of the scientific evidence that GarGuy helped collect (that was subsequently tossed out by TPWD) was misinformation?
                            No.

Comment

Yeah, that stance is how they chip away at your rights.

Nobody here would ever have the guts to hollor at the parties responsible in a restaurant or a gas station, and let them know they are not welcome.

You get it , right!

Do something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                WE do have dominion, WE make laws to regulate. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean WE are not exercising God-given dominion. The world does not revolve around the individual. I am a Christian, but Christianity really shouldn't be dragged into nor applied to any of this stuff.

Yep, dominion doesn't mean any individual gets to do exactly as he wants, it means man has dominion to manage the resource that he was given. By that logic I could do kill every single deer on the planet and no one better say anything because that's my God given right to do what I want whenever I want!

Comment

Working...
                                X