The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eternal Flame - Keep it Burning

Most of us here share a similar “burning” desire. There is something inside of us that makes us long to sit outside, gather “around the campfire”, pursue critters, trail blood and bond as outdoorspeople. With that...we’re creating “The Eternal Flame”. This thread, “The Eternal Flame”, shall serve as an outlet for all that visit here to empty their minds, souls and hunting hearts for the rest of us to enjoy. This “Eternal Flame” shall never die, nor shall it be tee-teed (family place ya know) upon by someone unhappy with the way we conduct our “fire”. If you can contribute to the positive direction of the “fire”, step up, increase your post count, and participate.

Please remember, first and foremost, that we are a family oriented bunch here. That doesn’t translate into boring, fun-hatin’ fuddy-duds. It means we hold our families and friends in high regard. We want our kids to grow up in the glow of the green screen. We’d like to send Aunt Edna over here to see the big ol’ buck we whacked behind her barn. With that, this “eternal flame” shall remain clean and respectful. Insults or insulting comments will not be tolerated. If you wouldn’t show it to your grandma, don’t post it here.

Please, feel free to comment at will. Be sensible, not silly. Provide insight, intelligence and not irritation. We're hoping for wit and wisdom, not whining.

This thread should be the first thing you check every time you log on to Texasbowhunter.com. If it’s not sitting at the top of the list, put it there. Around the Campfire is still the place for general topics, threads, inquiries and relevant news. We won’t sticky this, we want you to keep it fresh and “alive”. If you check in and have nothing to offer on any of the other threads, post to this thread that you were here and go on about your beeswax.

With that, help us lay out the guidelines for this thread. Post what you think should be said to help fuel this “eternal flame” in its infancy. If you don’t have suggestions for the thread, just post that you visited the "flame".

here...
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

here.....

Comment

I'll borrow this quote from a similar thread elsewhere. It made me chuckle, and think of a few here!

Please refrain from mindless post, unless your drunk, cuz then it's sorta funny. But if your drunk every night, it's just annoying.
        Michael
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Here

Comment

here

Comment

This is all greatness. Thank those of you who have made this site possible. It's good to know that there are a whole bunch of other hunting fanatics out there to talk and fun with.

Comment

Here

Comment

I like the idea of a thread where everything will remain positive. I love this place. It's like family and I enjoy sharing the bright spots of each others lives. It makes me smile to see your son's or daughter's first deer with the snaggle-toothed ldp....and to share my daughter's accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    I'll borrow this quote from a similar thread elsewhere. It made me chuckle, and think of a few here!

Quote:
                    Please refrain from mindless post, unless your drunk, cuz then it's sorta funny. But if your drunk every night, it's just annoying.

LOL.... we have had some PWD comments before that were hysterical. And then, there have been a few that were, ummmmmm....

Comment

here.

Comment

I like it

here

Comment

This “Eternal Flame” shall never die, nor shall it be tee-teed (family place ya know) upon by someone unhappy with the way we conduct our “fire”.
                          There's a chemical in your urine that will cause the flame to follow the stream like a fuse and cause it to explode like a firecracker! Don't pee on the flame!

Michael
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by dr. death View Post
                            I like the idea of a thread where everything will remain positive. I love this place. It's like family and I enjoy sharing the bright spots of each others lives. It makes me smile to see your son's or daughter's first deer with the snaggle-toothed ldp....and to share my daughter's accomplishments.

Couldn't resist...

Comment

Here...But, heading home early for the day. TGIF

Comment

Working...
                              X