Costal skinny water chariot overhaul #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a record setting 1

Trip to the Tpw office!!!! Out of the tons of boats and motors I've had down through the years this was the first single tripper I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Loooonnngggg day.

Tomorrow I topcoat.

Comment

Moving right along. Good work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!! It's been a ton of work!

Comment

First coat of ice blue.

Comment

Dang looks great!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Thanks!! I think that color will go really well with the off white and black.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                    Not bad for a plumber.....took 5 layers of glass and a thin layer of filler. Should disappear when covered.

5 layers of glass cloth!!!! Man,that ought to be the strongest part of the hull. What are the hulls moulded of in the beginning?

Comment

Looks great!!!

Michael
                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                        5 layers of glass cloth!!!! Man,that ought to be the strongest part of the hull. What are the hulls moulded of in the beginning?
                        The hull is at least a 1/4"ish...thick. Shouldn't have any problems with it!

Comment

Frog,
                          You are right on with that 25 hp. I have the same boat. 25hp gets 26 mph on gps lightly loaded. My kids absolutely love it. I like to refer to it as the white knuckle boat because you squeeze the ***** out of the wheel while driving it. You're in for a ton of fun. Believe It or not these boats can handle some chop too if you are smart about it. Have fun sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Bourland View Post
                            Frog,
                            You are right on with that 25 hp. I have the same boat. 25hp gets 26 mph on gps lightly loaded. My kids absolutely love it. I like to refer to it as the white knuckle boat because you squeeze the ***** out of the wheel while driving it. You're in for a ton of fun. Believe It or not these boats can handle some chop too if you are smart about it. Have fun sir!
                            First ride can't get here soon enough!!!

What prop are you running?

Comment

Honestly don't recall. I called Jack Foreman in Port Lavaca. He's known for building these small mowdy boat props. Look him up and give him a call. He'll make sure it runs in spit if you want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bourland View Post
                                Honestly don't recall. I called Jack Foreman in Port Lavaca. He's known for building these small mowdy boat props. Look him up and give him a call. He'll make sure it runs in spit if you want it to.
                                Can do. I've dealt with jack on my other boat. I was planning on using him again!

Comment

Working...
                                X