Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest opinions on a couple of bows.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honest opinions on a couple of bows.....

I'm looking at a couple of bows from this guy.

Bamboo backed hickory, reflex/deflex with pyramid limb design ($175). The other a silk backed hickory pyramid bow with a Hill style pistol grip ($105).
    Attached Files

no clue, they look homemade to me. If that is indeed the case it would be very difficult to put a value on. In my opinion.

Comment

Tim,I had seen his website before.the prices seem reasonable but I don't anything about his bows personally.

Comment

those bows are solid, and quiet. I think the ones shown are kits though. really all that needs to be done is a shelf if you want one and some sealer. I have been on another site and they rave about them. I shot one in Cloverdale, In. this year and last year. Easy to shoot bows, and a hell of a boyer to talk to.

Comment

I think I'll probably pick one of these up and apply the finish on my own. I don't even have a problem doing some final tillering if needed. I like the price for sure, though.

Comment

I like hickory, but it tends to take on set easy. The bamboo backing should help keep this from happening. Check around for comparable bows as to the pricing. 175 seems a little high to me.

Comment

Rudderbows

You may do a search for this bowyer on Leatherwall. Think there have been posts about them over there.

Comment

I think Pete Ward has done a review on a couple of these bows. I know he has done one review, petty bow just long. Gives a half way decent reveiw.
                His Website is peteward.com.

chris kiefner

Comment

Working...
                X