Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Lightroom 4 free 30 trial download

30 day free fully working trial. 730MB download
    if you decide to buy, all you do is fill in the serial (key code) and it stays.
    it does require email addy, name, address, state (no phone #) "registration" though.

have not started using it yet but just wanted to give a "link" heads up while it was out there.

Tagged

Comment

FYI If anyone in your family is in school, a child, your spouse or yourself, Adobe offers student versions of both Lightroom and Photoshop at DEEPLY discounted rates. These are full featured versions of the software.

This link is for Lightroom 3.

Last edited by scotty; 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

If you already have LR 3 it is only $79 to upgrade to 4!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
          FYI If anyone in your family is in school, a child, your spouse or yourself, Adobe offers student versions of both Lightroom and Photoshop at DEEPLY discounted rates. These are full featured versions of the software.

This link is for Lightroom 3.

http://www.studentbuyingguide.com/20...edition-64-99/

HUGE discounts by this method

Comment

Been using 3.6 and love it

Comment

What all can you do with Lightroom? How does it compare to Elements?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Element 10 is only part of post processing... I had purchased Element 10 first, and the tone mapping I needed was just not there. I post process 99.9% in Lightroom 3.6 now, and if I need to merge or layer, then I export my image to Element 10. CS6 is next on the bucket list

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Lightroom allows you to "develop" your photos. Crop, adjust white balance, color correction, red eye removal, brightness, sharpness, noise correction and a host of other tools.

Trust us, Lightroom is as necessary to photography, as a Thermacell is to hunting in a swamp!

Comment

well, i guess my bucket list says i need a laptop newer than 4 years. amd turion64 x2 TL-60 2.0GHz 3gb ram 32 bit Vista/SP2

it had some "lag" time when adjusting color. maybe 5-8 seconds of "did it freeze up?" enough that i tried moving the slider just a few times and really sent it into overtime.
                    tried shutting down a few big users of RAM but that didn't seem to help.

might try downloading another trial to my wife's laptop.
                    intel core 2 duo cpu T6400 @2.0GHz-4.0GB RAM/64bit

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
                      well, i guess my bucket list says i need a laptop newer than 4 years. amd turion64 x2 TL-60 2.0GHz 3gb ram 32 bit Vista/SP2

it had some "lag" time when adjusting color. maybe 5-8 seconds of "did it freeze up?" enough that i tried moving the slider just a few times and really sent it into overtime.
                      tried shutting down a few big users of RAM but that didn't seem to help.

might try downloading another trial to my wife's laptop.
                      intel core 2 duo cpu T6400 @2.0GHz-4.0GB RAM/64bit
                      I had to upgrade to a new computer last year. My old one would run Lightroom, but barely. It would freeze up after about 15 minutes of work, and I would have to restart to get it running again. I do 95% of my work on a desktop, so I just bought a new tower. I spent about $1000 on a Lenovo and it smokes!!! I don't know how I got along for so long without it.

I have an older Dell laptop with a Core 2 processor that runs Lightroom fine, so you should be good on your wife's. A little more RAM would make it faster though.

Comment

Video memory is what is needed for photo editing moreso than processor speed or RAM. Look for a computer with a substantial amount of video memory as well as a fast graphics processor.

Comment

is there a card that can be put in a laptop for that. I know i did it for the tower several years ago (Quake 3 to give a date, me and the son where heavy into shooting each other !!!)

Toshiba

Comment

Working...
                          X