No announcement yet.

Assenheimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking bow sir. Call me when it gets here.

Comment

Pretty. you gotta love new toys

Comment

Nice bow, he makes a good one.

Comment

CMC its here.
          Ok, question number 1, my new Assenheimer recurve shoots about 6" to 8" higher than my morrison long bow.
          I have the morrison long bow brace height set at 6.625". The string nock is set 0.500" above center.
          The Assenheimer recurve has the brace height set at 7.625. The string nock is set at 0.625" above center.
          I guess my question is what do I do to get these two bows shooting a little closer to one another??????

Comment

Royal Fox,

I am interested in the others guys responses to your question. I could be way wrong on this, but I think....bows tend to shoot differently. I know mine do, and I own several. I don't think you are going to have much success trying to change the natural characteristics of the bow.

My advice, if I am reading between the lines correctly, is pick one bow and shoot it only and get good with it. Only switch if you have to. Something happens to your primary bow. If I have to change, it takes me a few sessions to start training my brain (insert joke here) to adjust for the new bow.

Please post if you have success experimenting.

Comment

Amen Chunky,
              Friends have ask me to shoot their various bows before but because they all seem to shoot a little different than my Bob Lee I either decline or only shoot them a couple of times. I had a hard enough time getting the little computer upstairs trained on the Bob Lee and I can't afford to mess it up with another bow being brought into the equation. For me, I have to decide what I'm going to shoot and stay with that one.

Comment

Ok, its been awhile. The recurve likes GT 3555 at 30", with a 150 grain tip, resulting in an arrow total weight of 460 grains, while the long bow likes GT 5575 at 31.5", with 225 grains at tip, resulting in a 540 grain, arrow.
                Thus changing the velocity, but they still shoot 3" in difference, but that I can live with, just have to remember which ones in my hand and use the correct arrows at all times, I have continued to practice with both, left and right is the same on both bows.

Comment

Good looking bow may need to buy one now. .What about the spiders?

Comment

Mitch, They are very good bows, they hit where you look, and very forgiving. The string is made by Black Widow.

Comment

What was the wait time on the bow.

Comment

That is a very nice looking bow. Hope it shoots as nice as it looks, and if it doesn't you can send it to me.

Comment

Mitch, 12 weeks if you can get a hold of Don Assenheimer.

Comment

If a bow shoots where Fox looks, no better than he can see, it has to be a good bow. Mine is almost identicall to Foxes and they are great bows and not a bad price for a custom either. You better hurry though Ive heard Don is trying to get out of the business.

Comment

I was wanting to look at one a time ago, but when I asked if they had any brochures they said they do but the bows are now back ordered. I asked how long they was going to be back ordered, and the woman said about 4-6 months, I told her that was fine I could wait that long and asked again if she had brochures, she get kind of crabby with me so I decided then I wasn't going to give them my buisness, I didn't figure I was going to get what I was wanting to ask for anyway, ashame, cause they are nice looking bows.

Comment

Working...
                              X