No announcement yet.

2019 Hagerman Hog Hunt Seg A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less than two weeks out, got some Hagerman deer jerky worked up today, and a pork butt sammich maker ready to come off the smoker.

Comment

Started my packing list and food list. Still need to confirm my zero on the shotgun. Can’t wait boys!

Comment

Food bought this weekend, shotgun confirmed. See you there JJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Food bought this weekend, shotgun confirmed. See you there JJ.

See ya there!

Tobin and Leon, y’all get a spot at paradise cove? The teepee zipper is messed up but trying to get it fixed this weekend. Y’all are welcome to use it again!

Comment

My hunting buddy cannot make it. I will hunting solo in the Meyer.

Comment

Y’all ready to invade the H?

Comment

I'm ready, warm Thursday and Friday, cold Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Looking at the weather, trying to decide on my plan (tent), vs. taking the 5th wheel. I'll check tomorrow with the campground and make sure I can switch campsites.

Comment

I think all the campsites have hook ups now Doug.

Just landed from bitter cold Montana so this weekend looks great to me!

Comment

Yes JJ, but the site I have reserved has a 28' RV limit, difficult to fit a 38' 5th wheel in a 28' campsite.

Bitter cold in Montana is about the same as 30's at Texoma with the north wind coming off the lake. Call me a wuss!

Comment

Yes JJ, but the site I have reserved has a 28' RV limit, difficult to fit a 38' 5th wheel in a 28' campsite.

Bitter cold in Montana is about the same as 30's at Texoma with the north wind coming off the lake. Call me a wuss!

Lol you’re right!

Comment

Who is bow hunting only ?

Comment

Not here Mr. 2050. In 2017 we bowhunted only, took two out Friday morning. Seems like they figured out that life wasn't long walking around, they either went nocturnal, or were running like their tails were on fire.

In 2017, Meyers Branch was the BH only unit, same as this year. I've never seen as many hogs there as some of the other units. Are they there-yes, but in my opinion, not in the numbers of the other units.

In 2017, we should have hunted X-unit on Friday, and moved to Meyers Branch Friday afternoon thru the weekend.

Taking a new hunter this weekend, shotgun and muzzleloader, get him bloody. Maybe he will bring his son next year and get another generation involved.

Moved to Paradise Cove site #40, taking the 5th wheel.

Comment

Not here Mr. 2050. In 2017 we bowhunted only, took two out Friday morning. Seems like they figured out that life wasn't long walking around, they either went nocturnal, or were running like their tails were on fire.

In 2017, Meyers Branch was the BH only unit, same as this year. I've never seen as many hogs there as some of the other units. Are they there-yes, but in my opinion, not in the numbers of the other units.

In 2017, we should have hunted X-unit on Friday, and moved to Meyers Branch Friday afternoon thru the weekend.

Taking a new hunter this weekend, shotgun and muzzleloader, get him bloody. Maybe he will bring his son next year and get another generation involved.

Moved to Paradise Cove site #40, taking the 5th wheel.

Agreed I’ve seen more hogs in the other units, but I love hunting with my recurve.

Comment

3 of us will be starting with bows in BM

Comment

Working...
                                X