Releases, releases everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Releases, releases everywhere!

Looking at ditching the caliper release, it’s all I’ve ever used. Been looking at the Nock 2 it, has anyone used it or something close? Are there better options? Just checking before I drop 200 on a release I’ll end up hating.. guess that could happen no matter what. I have tried a hinged release and ended up with my first self inflicted busted nose so I’d like to stay away from hinge until I get my other issues taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the nock 2 it most out of all the thumb releases I tried. But I couldn’t get over punching the trigger so I went back to a hinge

Comment

Stanislawski or carter releases are great. I use and love the Stan just x ( no longer made) but the currant ones are great also. Just depends on what fits you.

Comment

I just switched to a thumb release about a month ago. I have the Nock 2 it, had Wise Choice but traded it for a Stan SX3 because I heard it was good one to have, but always go back to Nock 2 it. I guess I just like the feel of it better. I might get a Wise Choice again since it is same company that makes Nock 2 it. to have as backup.

Comment

Buddy convinced me to switch from a truball fang thumb release to a truball fulkrum flex (hinge) and so far its amazing. super smooth.

Comment

The Nock 2 it is always sold out so I bought the Carter wise choice. So far it has been a great release and I highly recommend it

Comment

Scott sigma is a nice release. Very adjustable, is a little loud, but other then that great option

Comment

I had the Nock 2 It and Silverback for a while. I liked them, but ultimately switched to the Stan Perfex Thumb and Resistance.

I like the ease of drawing a bow with 3 fingers.
                The Perfex is lighter and just easier for me to keep out of the way on spot and stalk.
                I also like the open hook design of the Perfex. It's just quicker to get attached on spot and stalk. (The bonus to the Nock 2 It was on stand hunting, you could just clip it to the string loop.)
                I feel more comfortable with my anchor on the Perfex short neck version. (That has more to do with the draw length my bow is set up for.)
                I just felt a little more precise with my anchor on the Perfex. It is a little less "bulky" of a release.
                I did get a larger custom barrel for my Nock 2 It and I liked it better that way for shot execution.

I never had a problem with the Nock 2 It. It was just a personal preference thing for me on why I went away from it.

Comment

The Stan Perfex Long Neck heavy metal is my choice right now when going to a thumb release.

I shoot a Carter Just-B-Cuz brass, which is no longer made, with an extended trigger arm. I have help set up several new Stan Perfex releases inthe past few months and I really like the release. It comes with extended trigger arms to get the perfect cradle (back off the tip of the thumb), which in IMHO, helps a great deal in not punching the trigger and shooting it properly.

I also shoot the Tru Ball HBX which can be set up to fire like a thumb or a hinge, I really like it for target shooting as I shoot it like a hinge (with no thumb bar).

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/stan...b-release.html

You can also get the extended trigger bar for the Carter Wise Choice if you go that route, it is a great release.

https://carterenterprises.com/trigger-accessories

Comment

Have a Nock2It and really like it. Think I’m one of the few that shoots it with 3 fingers though. It’s just plain comfortable for me though. I also have a Carter Evolution + and it has done more for my shooting than any other single piece of gear I’ve bought. I have a Tru Ball hinge I picked up for almost nothing but it’s tough to adjust. Been looking at the Tru Ball HBC or the new 2Smooth.

Comment

I'm using the Tru fire S.E.A.R. backtension and I love it. Very adjustable action, and feels substantial in the hand. Color options are nice. You can find on eBay for $99 now, when they came out they were $200.

It has a three finger or four finger option included.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe not as common but I started shooting a HTM release a year ago and probably the best hunting release I’ve owned... same anchor as thumb but use index finger still

Have a Carter Too Simple and Wise Choice but always go back to my HTM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No wanting to hijack the thread, but if your not having problems using an index/ caliper style release are there any real benefits to using the thumb. I have been curious about them for a while, but not having issues with my current caliper.
                          CSR, why are you going to one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                            No wanting to hijack the thread, but if your not having problems using an index/ caliper style release are there any real benefits to using the thumb. I have been curious about them for a while, but not having issues with my current caliper.
                            CSR, why are you going to one?
                            I punched a index and rushed my shots with it. Wasn’t bad on targets but animals it was horrible cause I rushed so much which caused bad shots... when I first switched to a thumb it helped and I didn’t punch it... but it didn’t take long to develop that habit. Ever since I went to a sear hinge, with the click I’ve been able to put arrows exactly where I want on animals and shoot targets better as well

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                              I punched a index and rushed my shots with it. Wasn’t bad on targets but animals it was horrible cause I rushed so much which caused bad shots... when I first switched to a thumb it helped and I didn’t punch it... but it didn’t take long to develop that habit. Ever since I went to a sear hinge, with the click I’ve been able to put arrows exactly where I want on animals and shoot targets better as well
                              I liked the click for a while, but doing that I had a tendency to jerk the release even less without the click. It was scary at first not knowing when it will go off, but I love the impact on my accuracy.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X