Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding and baiting are two different things. Providing more food (feeding) for the deer may improve the population. Baiting deer concentrates those in a given area but doesn't increase the population. Rocky's situation is that the deer numbers have not necessarily increased in the area, they are just concentrated at the golf course now. How would you feel if the neighbor at your lease fed heavily because they could afford it, pulled deer in from the surrounding areas including your lease, then got TPWD involved to say they could kill whatever they want to get the numbers back down on "their place" to "normal" numbers?

Comment

Comment

Game Warden buddy stoped by the house this evening after having to deal with homeowners st Land’s End that are infuriated by this trapping program. He simply has to tell them that permits were issued and everything is legit. Seems like a group of landowners sort of railroaded this through without complete transparency to others. Pretty ugly deal right now.

Comment

Follow the money

Comment

They need to net and remove all those ditch pickles in the lake! They eat up the crappie!! Maybe I need to attend a HOA meeting!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is an interesting topic for sure. I don't have a dog in this fight.
              Last edited by Duckhead78; 01-09-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I think there are some in LE that need to be netted and removed.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  Game Warden buddy stoped by the house this evening after having to deal with homeowners st Land’s End that are infuriated by this trapping program. He simply has to tell them that permits were issued and everything is legit. Seems like a group of landowners sort of railroaded this through without complete transparency to others. Pretty ugly deal right now.
                  Wow that's crazy! This is just as bad as the idiots that hunt across my fence line and there's not a **** thing I can do about it. I feel for you Richard. Seems like there's several on here that don't though. They must have good high fences to be all happy about. 👍

Comment

If you care as much as it appears, the only hail Mary I can think of is to video the trapping and follow them to the slaughter house. Post the video and get peta or some other hippies involved to protest. They prevented those wild mustang's from being rounded up didn't they?

Also maybe you could use a FOIA request to get the biologist reports and surveys, counts etc. Maybe can poke holes that they have not adequately assessed there is a population concern or health risk posed to the deer.

Comment

It will be restricted access I’m sure..... and I’m sure they know him

Don’t know what was done today, heard 24ish netted yesterday with some fatalities. But I can’t confirm anything

Comment

I need to make a list and when some of you start complaining about the neighbors killing too many deer, shooting 3.5yo 8's with 13.5" spread I can point you back to this thread and tell you karma is a *****

Should be a state law that if you live in a subdivision with lots less than 10ac you cannot feed anything but birds

That would stop a bunch of these types of situations from ever getting to the point this has gotten to

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          I need to make a list and when some of you start complaining about the neighbors killing too many deer, shooting 3.5yo 8's with 13.5" spread I can point you back to this thread and tell you karma is a *****

Should be a state law that if you live in a subdivision with lots less than 10ac you cannot feed anything but birds

That would stop a bunch of these types of situations from ever getting to the point this has gotten to
                          I was thinking about all the neighbor rants on TBH earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            It will be restricted access I’m sure..... and I’m sure they know him

Don’t know what was done today, heard 24ish netted yesterday with some fatalities. But I can’t confirm anything
                            Last I heard was 24 caught Sunday, and 3 caught today. Maybe this trapper didn’t get something right. I’ve been told that the contract was $ 20,000 to show, and $ 250 per deer caught. 4 net drops or 100 deer, whichever comes first.

Comment

Did you ever talk to the news station? If so, how did it go?

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                                Feeding and baiting are two different things. Providing more food (feeding) for the deer may improve the population. Baiting deer concentrates those in a given area but doesn't increase the population. Rocky's situation is that the deer numbers have not necessarily increased in the area, they are just concentrated at the golf course now. How would you feel if the neighbor at your lease fed heavily because they could afford it, pulled deer in from the surrounding areas including your lease, then got TPWD involved to say they could kill whatever they want to get the numbers back down on "their place" to "normal" numbers?
                                Isnt that what the MLD program is all about?

Comment

Working...
                                X