Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    A couple of things that I am planning are:

"pan de maiz" no pics as of now but basically it's corn meal and some regular flower (planning on using/trying almon/coconut flower mix) mixed with either water or milk (milk is what I prefer). The consistency should be close to that of pancake batter... Batter is pan fried into small "breads". These go great with chili and or any type of stew/soup. I personally like the taste so much that when I have some left over I will just snack on them when I am not doing the Keto diet. Due to the corn meal this pack a lot of calories. The plan is to make enough to carry 1 or 2 each day.

One other thing I have recently done is that I will roast some meat. For example I had the rib cages from a past deer harvest. So I seasoned and roasted them in the oven. I then cooled them in the refrigerator and once cold I cube the meat. The cubes can then be shredded in a food processor or blender. The key is to pulse which ever device you are using. You end up with a finely shredded meat that can be dehydrated. I actually just leave it uncovered in my refrigerator. Once completely dried I bag it up. It last forever in the refrigerator and I am sure it would go great in some of the reciepes that you are using the ground meat in. This can also be mixed with the batter above and you almost have a small meal on the go.

I will try to take pics the next time I make these and post them with complete step by step instructions.

Sounds good. For this hunt, I want something I can add water, let steep for 10-15 mins and eat. Preferably with nothing to clean except my spork!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

I'd suggest a MRE or two. They really have the calories to replenish you on the long hike.

Comment

Working...
      X