Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great progress! Bridge is awesome

Comment

I'm going to be keeping an eye out for all the aftermath pics of your bridge after the next flooding. If you get a chance of running water in the creek bottoms there, our next 100 year flood will wreak havoc on it.
      Not trying to be a @$$, but I'm just seeing a disaster there.

Comment

That is looking really good.

Comment

I was also wondering about your bridge. When it floods will the water stay under it or come up and hit the sides?

Comment

Congrats! This is greatness. Life long memories being made for all of you. Good looking family. You are blessed.

Comment

Nothing like owning your own place

Comment

Awesome thread and sounds/looks like a sweet gem of property! Congrats!!! Definitely in for the rest of this story. Your progress is impressive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                  I'm going to be keeping an eye out for all the aftermath pics of your bridge after the next flooding. If you get a chance of running water in the creek bottoms there, our next 100 year flood will wreak havoc on it.
                  Not trying to be a @$$, but I'm just seeing a disaster there.
                  This is just a drainage creek, not a real tributary creek or river. Prob the worst flooding ever in the area was about 3 yrs ago and I don't think it got outside the banks there. It's also about 5' above crest. The beginning of this drainage starts prob only about 1/2 mile "upstream" so really don't think it will be an issue. I did do a little homework on it but thanks for your concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                    Congrats! This is greatness. Life long memories being made for all of you. Good looking family. You are blessed.
                    Blessed beyond belief!

Comment

Rest of the family came out yesterday evening in time to do a little fishing and cook some hot dogs.
                      Water is still pretty murky from the recent rain so they didn't bite good but first cast my middle daughter landed the only fish of the evening. Prob 2.5-3# that's a pretty big one for our tank. Need to thin out a lot of the small ones and add some more bait fish this yr.

Comment

Missed this till now. Look forward to following

Comment

Wow...just seeing this. Congrats! Following

Comment

Pretty cool build, nice place by the way. Enjoyable days of my kiddos and grooming up my place.

Comment

Love the bridge idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                                What’s your daughters name? I grew up in frost. My great granddad started williams gin and grain.
                                Kristin Schulze and son Robert !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X