Property taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property taxes

Seems like the last two times I voted there was something on the ballot to do away with property taxes.
    What ever became of that?
    I hate knowing that I really don't own the house that I paid for but that I am only renting it from the state.

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    Seems like the last two times I voted there was something on the ballot to do away with property taxes.
    What ever became of that?
    I hate knowing that I really don't own the house that I paid for but that I am only renting it from the state.
    That will never go away. I just went on Friday and paid my property taxes. I’m the 6th generation to own my land and hate paying taxes every year. It’s easy money for them.

Comment

Following![emoji2962]
      I have a firm on retainer that challenges my property taxes every year or so. It is such a screwed up system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The only way it would go away is with a state income tax, which would be worse!

Comment

I hate the way it is set up now, its all a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Following![emoji2962]
            I have a firm on retainer that challenges my property taxes every year or so. It is such a screwed up system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Radar View Post
            I hate the way it is set up now, its all a scam.
            I handle property taxes at work. We have property in around 100 counties. About 80 in Texas, and the rest spread out around a few other states. To say it is a screwed up system is an understatement. By far the most frustrating part of my job.

Comment

If you major land owners want to avoid taxes 100% I can tell you excactly how to do it.

You find a 100% disabled veteran, put all of your land in their name, build them a house, and let them hunt the property with a gentleman’s agreement to deed it back at some point.

Doesn’t matter how much property or the value of said either.

Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                If you major land owners want to avoid taxes 100% I can tell you excactly how to do it.

You find a 100% disabled veteran, put all of your land in their name, build them a house, and let them hunt the property with a gentleman’s agreement to deed it back at some point.

Doesn’t matter how much property or the value of said either.

Any takers?
                Lol, that's awesome.........sure like your ingenuity

Comment

They do suk and there certainly needs to be huge limits placed on these county and s hool districts.
                  My wife's grandparents built a house on lake LBJ, been paid for for 40 years. Her aunt inherited it and the taxes went up to 11k a year......that's pure horse ****.
                  No way a gov. Entity should be able to tax you out of a property.

Comment

They ain’t gonna just tax you out of a property, they have a new plan that gets around tax exemptions. They institute fees, they have already started. Its real low now but lookout.

“Texas” is definitely a state of mind only to get more pathetic.

Comment

With no property tax we thus need an income tax.
                      Or would you like a VAT of around 40% on everything you buy?

School teachers and policemen need to be paid somehow, right?

Comment

The subject is debatable.

School taxes when you ain’t got kids

Military paying school taxes when schools already get federal funding because they host military kids. This is why the school sends surveys asking bout military...Big BS!

Paying cops to write a report after the fact.

Would an income tax be more than some property taxes, I doubt it.

Its all to fund big government.

Lets talk about non state run toll roads now

How bout car insurance, I get a much better at the corner vendors in the barrio. I went from paying USAA $250 a month down to $32. I buy better whiskey now.

In fact, I’ve opted out of most of the fear and money weights that drag you down financially, payed tv included.
                        Last edited by Johnny44; 01-02-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Just glad I have the ability to pay them. Someone smarter than me can figure it all out. No to state income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            With no property tax we thus need an income tax.
                            Or would you like a VAT of around 40% on everything you buy?

School teachers and policemen need to be paid somehow, right?
                            You can spell so you're not that dumb...I don't think.

Paying taxes is fine with most people. The issue is they always raise the tax rate. That's 100% BS

If they could run off a lower tax rate 20 years ago they should be able to run off a lower tax rate now (with more people paying taxes). Taxes should go down, not up.

Comment

6, 1 half dozen, or the other. If we didn’t have property tax we would have state income or VAT. The state will get theirs, one way or another. If you don’t pay, they will place a lien on your property. The results are the same, the only difference is what they tax you on.

I’m with Oscar. I use a firm to challenge my property taxes

Comment

Working...
                              X