Jim Shockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Shockey

Anyone ever hunt or use his outfit? Thinking of getting a group for a black bear hunt..... any input would be great!

If I was gonna hunt black bear, I would like to try his place.

Comment

Be sure to bring your cowboy hat and red bandana. I heard its required dress code up there in AK/Canada

Comment

He’s one cool dude. Hunted animals I’ve never heard of in places I’ve never heard of. I admire his commitment to the hunting lifestyle. He’s truly a steward of hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
          Be sure to bring your cowboy hat and red bandana. I heard its required dress code up there in AK/Canada
          if i have the chance to hunt with the man himself...i wouldnt be opposed to it lol

Comment

Only if his daughter tags along it would be worth the money

Comment

He announced at last years SCI convention that he would not be guiding folks personally anymore. He is going to continue hunting but not with clients unless it is a special event/cause/charity. I have visited with him over the years and definitely a class act.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have friends that have shared camp w him & his daughter. Nothing but positive comments about him. He is a good ambassador for the hunting community.

Comment

Always wanted to do the Yukon Moose hunt with his outfit... My wife actually contacted them about booking a hunt for me a few years back and they were all set up and ready to get me fixed up, but she asked me a few leading questions and I figured out what she was doing and stopped her... didn't want to spend the money, but now I wish I'd let her continue... I was going to be hunting with Griz Montoya... and was a good chance Shockey would have been in camp... Oh well...

I met him once in the airport in Detroit... He was waiting on a flight, and you'd have thought he was just a regular old passenger waiting just like everyone else... He was friendly and talkative to everyone who stopped to talk to him/shake his hand... Class act and genuinely nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Always wanted to do the Yukon Moose hunt with his outfit... My wife actually contacted them about booking a hunt for me a few years back and they were all set up and ready to get me fixed up, but she asked me a few leading questions and I figured out what she was doing and stopped her... didn't want to spend the money, but now I wish I'd let her continue... I was going to be hunting with Griz Montoya... and was a good chance Shockey would have been in camp... Oh well...

I met him once in the airport in Detroit... He was waiting on a flight, and you'd have thought he was just a regular old passenger waiting just like everyone else... He was friendly and talkative to everyone who stopped to talk to him/shake his hand... Class act and genuinely nice guy.
                    It is definitely one heckuva price tag tied to his hunt areas but folks definitely enjoy the camps.

Comment

I enjoy his show, seems genuine all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                        I enjoy his show, seems genuine all the time

100% agree with ya

Comment

I'm a new hunter and recently found out about him through Joe Rogan's podcast. Really enjoyed the 3 hour discussion him and Joe had. Very interesting dude.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Lar View Post
                            I'm a new hunter and recently found out about him through Joe Rogan's podcast. Really enjoyed the 3 hour discussion him and Joe had. Very interesting dude.
                            I'm gonna have to look that one up.

I'm still ****** at Rogan for endorsing Bernie Sanders though.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              I'm gonna have to look that one up.

I'm still ****** at Rogan for endorsing Bernie Sanders though.
                              Ha, yeah I totally understand.

Since Rogan (due to his podcasts with Rinella & Hanes) is basically the main reason why I decided to take up hunting at the age of 39 he gets a pass with me on stuff like that. I'll forever be grateful that he helped introduce me to the greatness of hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X