Best 300 win mag brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 300 win mag brass

Did a quick search on here and didn't find much. What's yalls opinions on the best 300 win brass available today? I've heard good things about lapua and RWS brass but I don't think either are made anymore. I've got a mix of old 300 win brass that I'm going to sort and load for now but I don't know how much life it has left in it

Originally posted by Silentnight View Post
    Did a quick search on here and didn't find much. What's yalls opinions on the best 300 win brass available today? I've heard good things about lapua and RWS brass but I don't think either are made anymore. I've got a mix of old 300 win brass that I'm going to sort and load for now but I don't know how much life it has left in it
    RWS is available, but its not the same as it used to be. It's just re-badged Norma. I have not found anything better than Norma since the old RWS stuff dried up. The Nosler stuff is also re-branded Norma, although it is really well sorted and worth the price if you don't want to cull.

Comment

Thanks Robert I appreciate it. I was reading on other sites that were saying good things about Norma too. Are there any places to find Norma brass? I was looking a little last night and could only find hornady in stock.

Comment

Thanks Robert I appreciate it. I was reading on other sites that were saying good things about Norma too. Are there any places to find Norma brass? I was looking a little last night and could only find hornady in stock.
        I need some too, and am not having much luck finding it either. Never had an issue finding it before. I'll post back here if/when I locate some.

Comment

How much do you need? I have ton of mix brass that’s nosler and Norma

M

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            I need some too, and am not having much luck finding it either. Never had an issue finding it before. I'll post back here if/when I locate some.
            Sounds good. I'll do the same

Comment

Idk why Lapua doesn't make 300wm. It's not exactly an odd ball cartridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                Idk why Lapua doesn't make 300wm. It's not exactly an odd ball cartridge.
                There was some Norma brass that was stamped Lapua, not sure they have ever made a belted case.

Comment

I never understood it either. 300 win mag is one of the most popular magnum cases produced. You would think they would want to tap into that market since they're "superb" brass makers

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
                    How much do you need? I have ton of mix brass that’s nosler and Norma

M
                    I’d be interested in a hundred or so of the Norma......

Comment

I never understood it either. 300 win mag is one of the most popular magnum cases produced. You would think they would want to tap into that market since they're "superb" brass makers
                      Creedmoorsports.com has some of the Nosler stamped stuff in-stock. $74.95 per 25.........ouch. I just got lucky and found some I had stashed back and forgotten about, or I'd probably be buying it right now.

Comment

I’ve been using Winchester brass for the last 40 yrs. I never knew the brass would make that much difference. I guess I’m way behind.

Comment

Dang, seems like when I started considering a 300wm build nosler and Norma brass was plentiful.

Now, it's out everywhere. Luckily I have a little time to find some and will stock up when I do.

OP and CC, I'm sure the Win or Rem brass is good for most anything you want to do. People have been using it for years. It needs more prep work and sorting which means time and a little cost if you sort some out.

I look at like this, the brass is the foundation of a good load. If you're building a custom and wanting to draw the most potential from it, then start with quality components. For the 300 wm and most any other magnum that's Norma and Nosler.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            Dang, seems like when I started considering a 300wm build nosler and Norma brass was plentiful.

Exactly why I chose it as the parent case for my 7. Didn't want to ever be in the position of the 28 Nosler guys trying to chase down brass. There seems to be a minor flaw in my perfect planning now. Lol

There's a lesson in there for all of us reloaders, though I refuse to acknowledge it myself When you find a component you need..........buy as much of it as you think you'll ever need.....plus a little more! I'm pretty good about following that rule, right up until it's time to check out. I'll just get some more later. haha

Comment

I bought 50 Norma 300wm cases off of TBH a while back.
                              Once fired when I bought them.

Comment

Working...
                              X