My DIY Stand and Fill Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DIY Stand and Fill Feeder

Decided to make a stand and fill feeder. I hate coons so I went overboard on keeping them out!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	09D66585-CCE9-453B-8BA0-3C806B94BABE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	25213877

Name:	46D81777-4E1D-4F60-B2C1-33709E507367.jpeg
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	25213878

Name:	E93739C1-FD83-4677-BEA5-AAE5D911CA8D.jpeg
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	25213879

Very nice! Should darn sure work! Very good

Comment

Thanks! I could've made it better but this will work pretty good. I'm going to use t-posts to keep it where I put it. Should last a long while & I don't have a ton of money in it.

Comment

I like it!
        Nice work!

Comment

I’m about to build a couple very similar. I’m glad you posted pics using the expanded metal for the cage I got a couple of sheets and didn’t even think about using it.

Comment

Looks good. Nice job

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
              I’m about to build a couple very similar. I’m glad you posted pics using the expanded metal for the cage I got a couple of sheets and didn’t even think about using it.
              Just to be clear, I wouldn’t use the expanded metal for the corn to shoot thru. It would block too much and it’d pile up under the feeder. I only used it to protect the control unit. The corn comes out of the protected gap above the exp. metal.

Comment

That's a cool design with the seperation from the spinner and control unit. Would love to see how that ends up throwing corn. The problems with a lot of the stand and fill feeders is they mainly pile up underneath. That was good thinking ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
                  That's a cool design with the seperation from the spinner and control unit. Would love to see how that ends up throwing corn. The problems with a lot of the stand and fill feeders is they mainly pile up underneath. That was good thinking ahead.
                  I’ll test it out tomorrow. I’m hoping it chunks it 40’. The spinner is sandwiched between 2 20ga. sheets. As long as it doesn’t bounce around while being ejected, it should fling it pretty far. I’m using an All Season 12V control unit with their flapped spinner plate.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    I’ll test it out tomorrow. I’m hoping it chunks it 40’. The spinner is sandwiched between 2 20ga. sheets. As long as it doesn’t bounce around while being ejected, it should fling it pretty far. I’m using an All Season 12V control unit with their flapped spinner plate.
                    Yes I noticed you have it clean all the way out with the sheet metal. I'd think it should do well. Post back what you find out.

Comment

This is why I love the green screen, was about to build the same style feeder. Then seen yours, now i am redesigning my feeder plans!! Lol thanks for posting

Comment

Now that is efficient and compact. I like that a lot.

Comment

total height ?

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                            total height ?
                            Right at 6’. It could be easily made shorter. I have no problem with 50lb bags so it was a height I’m comfortable with.

Comment

I used 1.5” angle that is 1/8” thick. Easily strong enough for 500+ lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X