Looking for a house dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a house dog

Looking for a house dog small to medium hypo allergenic little to no shedding . Really thinking about a poodle miniature or standard. We have 4 grand kids from 3-12 and one on the way. So it needs to be good with children . We had a miniature schnauzer that we loved but because my youngest grandson wouldn’t mind he got bit in the face and we had to give him away. A long story we will skip but I want another inside dog. Whatever it is must be affordable for a retired geezer. So I am asking for breed input and possible locations for dogs within 200 miles of Beaumont but would prefer within 100 miles

This is our dog, Winston. He is a Cavashon, a King Charles Cavalier and Bishon mix. He does not shed. He is great with everyone including all 12 grandkids.
    He is about 7 and we have had zero problems with him. Fantastic dog for sure.
    Attached Files

Comment

My daughter found a dog a couple weeks ago. It is a dachshund, pit bull cross. Yes it looks extremely funny with the short legs. It is 10 months old, fixed, male, house broken and leash trained. Bad part is he is undergoing heartworm treatment now. She is now fostering the dog during the treatment. We figured someone dumped it because of the heartworms. They must be cured before he can be adopted. Cost would be minimal from the shelter.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
        My daughter found a dog a couple weeks ago. It is a dachshund, pit bull cross. Yes it looks extremely funny with the short legs. It is 10 months old, fixed, male, house broken and leash trained. Bad part is he is undergoing heartworm treatment now. She is now fostering the dog during the treatment. We figured someone dumped it because of the heartworms. They must be cured before he can be adopted. Cost would be minimal from the shelter.
        I will have to pass I have no good feeling about pits or part pits. But I do hope it works out well.

Comment

Check with local shelters and rescues-we have 2 great pot lickers from a rescue

Comment

We have 2 goldendoodles...1 full size & 1 mini. We're all allergic to dogs, so we had to put a lot of effort in finding ones that wouldn't trigger any of our allergies. I'd look into them or a poodle as you mentioned. I'd recommend where I got our last one, but it was far from affordable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up basenjis. I have been researching them lately and wife willing... may pull the trigger down the road sometime.

Comment

I’m still in mine. Let ya know when the wife lets me out.....LOL

Comment

Check out a maltipoo. Daughter has one, great dog. Very smart and NO annoying habits.
                  Thinking about one for my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                    This is our dog, Winston. He is a Cavashon, a King Charles Cavalier and Bishon mix. He does not shed. He is great with everyone including all 12 grandkids.
                    He is about 7 and we have had zero problems with him. Fantastic dog for sure.
                    nice looking dog,, its a possibility

Comment

thanks for the replies,,, not dead set on anything yet but the poodle is top of the heap at the time being,, the price is a little rough so we are looking at all avenues including shelters and rescue locations,, have to admit though i am partial to getting a pup

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                        We have 2 goldendoodles...1 full size & 1 mini. We're all allergic to dogs, so we had to put a lot of effort in finding ones that wouldn't trigger any of our allergies. I'd look into them or a poodle as you mentioned. I'd recommend where I got our last one, but it was far from affordable.

just how big is the mini? and the pic of the one in glasses is just plain cool!

Comment

Boston Terrier...……...

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                            nice looking dog,, its a possibility
                            Wanted to add that most Cavochons are multicolored, like the King Charles. Everyone I know that has one loves them. Great dogs!!

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                              just how big is the mini? and the pic of the one in glasses is just plain cool!
                              The mini is around 20-21# & the black full size is 50#. We've had several dogs over the years & these 2 are by far the best. Here's a few more pics of the mini from the time we got her until now.

Comment

Working...
                              X