Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Jim Shockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to hunt with him but $10k for black bear and $25k for a moose is too rich for me.

Comment

He is at the top end of representing hunters and the hunting community IMO - who do you want standing for you as a hunter - Shockey or all the other Bubbas filming junk TV hunting shows? Never met him or hunted with him but he is clearly a class act and class outfitter.

Jim Shockey is the real deal - his prices are top end because he and his hunts are top end.

Comment

I've enjoyed watching him for a couple of decades. A few of his first filmed hunts I watched on vhs....

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Always wanted to do the Yukon Moose hunt with his outfit... My wife actually contacted them about booking a hunt for me a few years back and they were all set up and ready to get me fixed up, but she asked me a few leading questions and I figured out what she was doing and stopped her... didn't want to spend the money, but now I wish I'd let her continue... I was going to be hunting with Griz Montoya... and was a good chance Shockey would have been in camp... Oh well...

I met him once in the airport in Detroit... He was waiting on a flight, and you'd have thought he was just a regular old passenger waiting just like everyone else... He was friendly and talkative to everyone who stopped to talk to him/shake his hand... Class act and genuinely nice guy.
          Have you been to a doctor and received treatment for that yet????

Comment

Shared a elk/sheep camp with him in Wyoming. He hunting sheep and me hunting elk. He is as down to earth as anyone and at that particular time he had not taken up bowhunting and was just in awe of anyone that did. I had to laugh at him being in awe of me bowhunting with his resume! I would share a camp with him anytime and hope to one day hunt black bears at his camp with him there or not!
            Jim Shockey to me is the real deal as far as hunters in today's world.

Comment

I’ve had the privilege to chat with him on several occasions and met Eva as well. Salt of the Earth people for sure!

I’d love to hunt with him.

Comment

First time I saw Shockey was him hosting the home video segment on Realtree. I thought he was corny as could be (now I know better). I agree with everyone above. Great ambassador for the sport and has lived quite the life.

Comment

I had a moose hunt booked with him for fall of 2015 (with a $10,000 deposit) and had to cancel 5 months before the hunt because of a family illness. It was my fault I had to cancel, but I was really hoping they’d be willing to apply that deposit to the next year or year after but they told me i was SOL.

I’m sure it’s a good hunt for a chance at a quality bull but theres better options out there. They’re most likely going to make you donate all your meat also I found out, which is ridiculous.

Comment

A few years ago we were in the Yukon flying into our base camp for a moose hunt, fog set in and we could not land on the lake, after flying around for an hour or so we landed on a river at Shockey's camp, they put us up for the night, I think it was in Mayo, Yukon. We stayed in a couple of shipping containers, about froze to death. I like Jim, he seems to do it the right way.

Comment

Can't figure out why the deer are so tame in this Jim Shockey Video. Not trying to bash him, because he seems perplexed to. Check out the video.
                      [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MjH_gSTMbE"]Whitetail Hunt - LL Hunt - Jim Shockey - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I’ll never forget watching the show he killed his biggest buck on. He dug a hole and laid in an open field by a crossing for something like 20 days straight in freezing temps and finally killed a monster of a buck. I think it scored 198”. Also his talk on what he calls “ice time” is a concept I’ve used not only in hunting but in several stressful situations in my life with great success.

Comment

Working...
                        X