2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats everyone on a good season!

I would say this was a pretty good season. Ended with 140 birds as a group in 31 hunts. All hunts took place on public land. I hunted solo in all but 3 of those hunts and shot 123 birds my self. No bands this year. My Golden came along way especially towards the end of the season. She'll do even better next year and i look forward to getting my 7 year old daughter out next season for some hunts. I also didn't hunt today, started to put gear away and get the garage re organized. September seems so far away but will be here in no time.

Here are some of my favorite pics from the season

upload image to url

[

Last edited by CTR0022; 01-26-2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Wrapped up another season with a good hunt. Thank goodness for the blue wings. My oldest got his first cinnamon teal as well. 261 birds/retrieved on the season for my boys and Bella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        Skunked this morning, saw maybe 100 birds in the whole bay while driving around after we packed up. Birds have definitely moved on. Was able to get on some fresh fillets though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[ATTACH]989424[/ATTACH][ATTACH]989423[/ATTACH]
        Was this down in the valley?

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
          Was this down in the valley?

Yes, arroyo city

Comment

Congrats to Everyone on the last day! Me & my son had limits today to finish a great season. I put in LOTS of miles ,but was lucky to stay on birds. Already crashing from end of season blues. Will chase geese for a while then time to get the rods out again. Already waiting for early teal season!!!! I hunted all 16 days of teal season & 49 days of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Congrats to Everyone on the last day! Me & my son had limits today to finish a great season. I put in LOTS of miles ,but was lucky to stay on birds. Already crashing from end of season blues. Will chase geese for a while then time to get the rods out again. Already waiting for early teal season!!!! I hunted all 16 days of teal season & 49 days of the regular season.

That’s awesome! Enjoyed following along!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

You were grinding! Congrats

Comment

Good last hunt this afternoon on the coast.

We finished our limits with redheads, teal, widgeon, mottled duck, and scaup. As soon as we got our full limit of redheads, we had redheads pouring into the decoys. My dad was finally able to get a redhead and it’s going on the wall.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys!
                    Your place looks fantastic Pin Oak!
                    Teal are my favorite duck to hunt,especially bluewings. Love the ways the work around!
                    My normal teal haunts didn't hold many this season. Sure missed them.

Comment

Congrats to you & your dad!! Great Memories!

Comment

Finished off the year and my first season with a good hunt and really bad shooting. Buddy and I should of had our limits early. Great time though.

Comment

Only got to make it out twice this season which was very tough on me. But the two hunts i did go on were good ones! Barrel burner for the final mornin of season, lots of divers and lots of fun!. Also finally connected on a nice bufflehead for the wall

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the bufflehead ChickenWilly. I haven’t shot one in 25 years and now I want to mount one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              Love the bufflehead ChickenWilly. I haven’t shot one in 25 years and now I want to mount one.

Yes sir that drake is gonna be off to the taxidermist in a few days. .... Man I bet we had 30 plus buzz us yesterday morning. Those little suckers can scoot!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                                Good last hunt this afternoon on the coast.

We finished our limits with redheads, teal, widgeon, mottled duck, and scaup. As soon as we got our full limit of redheads, we had redheads pouring into the decoys. My dad was finally able to get a redhead and it’s going on the wall.

Was this with capt. Aaron?

Comment

Working...
                                X