Mountain Lion Kills Man ?/Hood County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Lion Kills Man ?/Hood County

This is exactly 10 miles east of my deer lease. I have always though that it looked like great lion country and spend lots of time glassing hills for them while I am hunting. Gotta be careful out there.

News Release 12-5-20
    Mountain Lion attack leaves man dead
    On 12-3-20 around 3:30pm, Hood County Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to the 15000 block of Howell Rd. in Lipan in reference to a missing person call.
    Deputies were told Christopher Allen Whiteley (28 yoa) was missing and last seen on 12-2-20 in the early morning hours.
    Deputies checked a wooded area near by and eventually found Whiteley, who was found deceased.
    Whiteley’s body was sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy. The preliminary finds say he died from a wild animal attack, possibly a mountain lion.
    The Hood County Sheriff’s Office has contacted a Governmental Trapper with the USDA, who specializes in tracking and removing mountain lions.
    The Hood County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Game Wardens, and the Governmental Trapper are working on locating the mountain lion.
    The public in the Lipan area are urged to be mindful of their surroundings and keep young children and animals inside at night.
    Quote from Sheriff Roger Deeds:
    “The safety of Hood County Citizens are my priority one, but please don’t interfere with the process of locating the animal and stay clear of the area being actively worked by officials”.
    Public Information Officer
    Lt. Johnny Rose
    Hood County Sheriff’s Office
    Last edited by tpack; 12-05-2020, 11:05 AM.

I just saw this.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Wow! That's only 15 miles from where I hunt!

cricman

Comment

The story say`s Hood county, but it is actually 1/2 mile from being in Northern Erath County. This is another reason why I have always disliked walking to my blind in the morning.

Comment

Dang how horrible. Prayers for his family and friends.

Comment

I knew when i saw the confirmed sighting of a lion in Dallas it was gonna cause hysteria.

I think its very likely this dude didn't get killed by a lion. Will be following for the autopsy report.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy news year for lions. The 2 viral videos of aggressive cats and this.

2020 you crazy sob

Comment

Is there a link for those not on FB? Google search turned up nothing

Comment

Here ya go Jerp....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Is there a link for those not on FB? Google search turned up nothing
                    Same for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                      I knew when i saw the confirmed sighting of a lion in Dallas it was gonna cause hysteria.

I think its very likely this dude didn't get killed by a lion. Will be following for the autopsy report.

any particular reason why you think otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        any particular reason why you think otherwise?
                        Statitstics. Its POSSIBLE just highly unlikely. Confirmed coyote predation on humans as well.

Definitely nothing to be afraid of. Grizzly bears though.....

Comment

It could have been a dog or a hog also.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                            Statitstics. Its POSSIBLE just highly unlikely. Confirmed coyote predation on humans as well.

Definitely nothing to be afraid of. Grizzly bears though.....

But somebody has to be that .01% eventually.

Comment

“Possibly a mountain lion” means nothing. My bet is on sensationalism.

Comment

Working...
                              X