Help thoughts on shot???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help thoughts on shot???

Came to Missouri for a 4 day hunt, this morning right at light would be my biggest buck came out 25 yards away didnt have much time to react. Shot felt good. Climbed down to find my arrow it was covered in blood on one side, the other was clean, broadhead was pretty clean with little hair on it , arrow just laying on the ground . Found blood where i shot and tracked small drops of blood about 20 yards and it just stopped. I attached the pictures one is blood on some brush about 36inchs off the ground, other is the blood on impact, and the last one is of the broadhead showing how it broke. The dirt was from where I put it in the ground to mark my last spot of blood. I've searched for about 2 hours I'm up here by my self and have called about 5 different trackers and none came make it out till Sunday morning. Should I keep searching and wait till Sunday for dog, or chalk it up as a lost. I dont wanna waste my trip searching but dont wanna give up if the deer is dead.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’d look another hour for some sign. If you’ve called every tracker available to you, then go hunting again.

Comment

That arrow does not look good.
      I'd be very surprised if that deer is dead.

Comment

That arrow is remarkably clean. I'm guessing brisket shot, but that is only based on the arrow.

Comment

I'm stumped If anything j went low I know I didn't shoot high, I'm wondering if I maybe clipped the rib cage, but for my broad head to break like it did I had to hit bone and signs show a pass threw, but then the arrow is so clean

Comment

Give it another hour and if you don't find anything get back in the stand. Arrow looks to clean and lack of blood trail.

Comment

Clipped leg hence broken stop on broadhead and brisket on low shot passing through maybe. Not fatal in my opinion with arrow pics above. Get to hunting that deer is fine.

Comment

I had the same problem once with a swhacker broadhead. Broke just like your picture is showing. I felt like the broadhead didn't deploy correctly and I virtually got no penetration. Granted I was shooting at a pig when this happened to me. But as for the arrow, I think it looks pretty clean.

Comment

Arrow is clean. I would look/scout for the deer/new spot to hunt. If the shot was internal, it should start bleeding. Personally, it looks like a flesh wound, maybe hitting leg.

Comment

Well I did some more searching and no luck! There's only a 5 acre track of woods that he could hide in before running into a big cut corn field. Gonna chalk it up as my first miss with a bow!!. I had a 125 8 point come in 15 yards broadside 30 mins after I shot at the big one. So hopefully one of them comes back!!

Comment

Working...
                    X