Getting to stand late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting to stand late?

My schedule is getting off work at 6AM, then 45min drive home, then change and get to stand. Earliest I can be in stand is about 745. Would you go or would you consider it waste of time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You’ll never shoot one from your couch, better late than never. Even if you have to hunt something on the way into your set up so you don’t push deer off it.

Comment

I’d go. Maybe plan a full day in the stand? Run the feeder again just before you get in the stand.

Comment

With this full moon I have been seeing every thing late .

Comment

I’ve been seen activity from as early as daylight all the way to 12pm. Just slip in quiet, from the direction of not bumping deer out.

Comment

I've seen as many deer from 9-10 AM as I have earlier.
            Last edited by tdwinklr; 12-02-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
              I’ve been seen activity from as early as daylight all the way to 12pm.
              x2

Comment

in this situation you wouldn't be going in to hunt, you'd be going in hunting. Practice your still hunting and take your time! better chance than staying home.
                Last edited by seminole1990; 12-02-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

All of the above !

Comment

I have gotten to the stand late before and was on a meat hunt. I had to cross an open field to get to the blind and feeder on the opposite side. I used the small cedar bushes and tall grass as cover and stayed low to the ground. Once I was withing shooting distance of the feeder I stood up behind one of the cedar bushes only to find a good size doe bedded down next to the feeder. Needless to say that hunt ended very quickly and she never even got up.

Comment

Get out there.

During bow season I got to my lease just before noon and tried to get to the stand as quickly as possible. I walked up on my target buck at the feeder and ran him off. He was back at sunset.

J

Comment

If you are running a feeder, change your first throw to a later time. Since I have gotten a cell camera, I am seeing activity all day long.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

I would get out there. What you will see depends on how much pressure are on your herd. We have almost zero pressure and can drive the mule up to the stand and they will be back out 15 minutes after it is shut down. Some of them doe never leave.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                            If you are running a feeder, change your first throw to a later time. Since I have gotten a cell camera, I am seeing activity all day long.
                            Just make sure the sensitivity is good enough to catch stuff as far away as possible. When I walked up on my target buck I had recently put out my first cell cam and it didnt pick him up on the opposite side of the feeder. Had to change that real quick. lol

Wasnt funny then, but I can laugh now.

J

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post

From my Make Believe World
                              Here you go! Or have two throws in the morning. One at daybreak and one around 9.

Comment

Working...
                              X