Anyone see this buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwactx View Post
    I live in Wilson County, have most of my life...I don't know this gentleman, and not saying its not legit...but i find it hard to believe that this is a low fence deer and he has been watching him for 4+ years.
    There isn't a place big enough in Wilson County (low fence) to keep that deer alive that long. I know the guy that puts on the buck contest in WC and he is the one that scored him...he doesn't even know the exact location of the "lease"
    Great Buck no doubt...just gotta be more to the story
    Are you saying there is not a single ranch in the entire county that could hold a deer (sans fence)?

Comment

I live in Wilson County, have most of my life...I don't know this gentleman, and not saying its not legit...but i find it hard to believe that this is a low fence deer and he has been watching him for 4+ years.
      There isn't a place big enough in Wilson County (low fence) to keep that deer alive that long. I know the guy that puts on the buck contest in WC and he is the one that scored him...he doesn't even know the exact location of the "lease"
      Nah this isn't true. I've seen multiple big deer (not 190 big) make it through for 3 to 4 years after they have been green lit. And all I hunt is small properties with hunters all around me.

Comment

buck

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        Are you saying there is not a single ranch in the entire county that could hold a deer (sans fence)?
        I'm expressing my opinion, Wilson County is not like deep south texas where the ranches are 5k + acres (and most are high fenced)
        Again, not saying its not legit, just doesn't seem to add up. Watching a 180+" deer for 4 years on a low fence place is impressive for sure.
        Kudos to the guy...maybe he just has a honey hole somewhere that no one knows about
        Just my $.02

Comment

I'm expressing my opinion, Wilson County is not like deep south texas where the ranches are 5k + acres (and most are high fenced)
          Again, not saying its not legit, just doesn't seem to add up. Watching a 180+" deer for 4 years on a low fence place is impressive for sure.
          Kudos to the guy...maybe he just has a honey hole somewhere that no one knows about
          Just my $.02
          You have a silly opinion. You don’t need 5k acres to keep deer alive and good deer management has nothing to with a fence or the size of the land. I’m not sure what doesn’t add up here? I’m also pretty sure he wasn’t over 180” for the last 4 years. Never understood why people want to talk down on someone just because they killed a big deer.

Comment

The biggest buck I have personally seen in the wild was under my feeder 2 days ago. Wilson County. And I have hunted Whitetail from Wisconsin, Kansas, Colorado, Montana, Minnesota and more. There are some big boys around and they are smart, only during the rut you may get a chance.

Comment

I heard rumor this deer was taken near the Bentwood and Shannon Ridge Subdivisions. Can anyone confirm. I know there are big deer in that area but wow.

Comment

Great buck

They just said he had been watching him for 4 years, maybe he was watching him through a high fence and he got out

As far as a place not being able to hold a deer, see the thread about the 7ac honey hole

Comment

Even now on my lease, if i see a decent one i just keep it to myself. U would be a dumbass to go running your mouth about where u killed a deer like that. If on a lease thats a different story cause people will know, but if its private property, i wouldnt tell anyone.

Comment

and he did it with 1990's camo!

Comment

Just my $.02
                      Born and raised one county over in Gonzales County and we have had really big bucks that we have pictures of for 5 years in a row that are completely nocturnal and then killed the one time they showed up in daylight. This is on 138 acres. To say a deer can't get old and big on small acreage in that part of the state is simply not true.

Comment

Just my $.02

Post says deer was 5.5, so your saying he was a 180” yearling?

It doesn’t take 5000 acres for a deer to live 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                          Post says deer was 5.5, so your saying he was a 180” yearling?

It doesn’t take 5000 acres for a deer to live 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          If he was indeed 5.5, imagine another year or 2...

Could you imagine being the guy recommending a LF 190 get a pass?

Comment

You seem very skeptical.

I don't call BS!

We have "kept" 3 152-159 inch deer alive on LF less then 30 acres. It is possible

Comment

How much more of the story do you want? I killed a pretty large deer this year on 80 acres. The whole story that I've told was area of the state, deers score, and when I killed it. Any more info isn't anyone's business. I doubt he puts in a FB post all of the details.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Great typical buck!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X