No announcement yet.

Anyone use a saddle and SRT to hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to try a saddle but hesitant to spend that much money on something i might not like

Maybe this Kungflu will calm down and they can have an expo like was planned for earlier this year

Comment

Definitely sticks

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        SRT and DRT take LOTS of practice. I would recommend sticks. I’ve been in a saddle for 6 or 7 years now, and still can’t get comfortable with SRT, though I try again ever couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sticks/Rapid Rails sounds like the ticket.
        Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        I do not have the agility for SRT. I use muddy Pro with an aider.
        What's an "aider"?
        Originally posted by Pat Miller View Post
        If you have back problems I wouldn't recommend it. Puts a strain on your lower back and legs especially if you're not in fairly good physical shape and getting older--like we are.
        JMO Mike
        The saddle itself or the SRT?
        Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        All day in the saddle no problem... SRT not practical. Takes lots of experience and agility plus you'll be in the dark on morning hunt. You're not going to learn that in time for your hunt. If your not already comfortable in the saddle and perch you better get busy!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        I plan on try it at my lease several time before Hargerman.
        Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        I would like to try a saddle but hesitant to spend that much money on something i might not like

Maybe this Kungflu will calm down and they can have an expo like was planned for earlier this year
        I've spent more $$ on worse things before... lol
        Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
        Definitely sticks

Comment

Talk about the stand azz. Legs dangling, butt throbbing, 1 hour would be all I could take,

Comment

I'd recommend sticks and a hang on if you haven't tried it yet. It's got a definite learning curve and it's hard to sit still until you really dial in the exact setup that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              I'd recommend sticks and a hang on if you haven't tried it yet. It's got a definite learning curve and it's hard to sit still until you really dial in the exact setup that works for you.
              I have plenty of hang on stands, climbers, ladders and a popup if needed. Just like the idea of the saddle setup. Going to order and start working it. But I'll use sticks/steps/rails instead of SRT...

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                Talk about the stand azz. Legs dangling, butt throbbing, 1 hour would be all I could take,
                I haven't sat in any of my Lone Wolfs since I started saddle hunting. No reason to ever go back. I usually sit for 4 hours. It's not like a park swing. You're typically leaning back with your feet on a perch most the time anyway. It really is a game changer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                  I hope you received the pm I sent you a while back. I wasn’t sure if it went through. I hope it helped.
                  I did get and thank you very much. I have not had a chance to get out there but I time off coming up and should get to try the area out.

Thanks,
                  KP

Comment

I hunted l for 5 hours this morning out of my saddle. Headed back out in about an hour.

I rattled in a decent 10 point. Had him at 18 yards. Not what I am looking for at this point of the season

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is definitely a learning curve. I practiced several times in different trees before the season. You get out there with all your stuff before daylight and it's about 25 degrees then it's a different deal. You got to have a routine and take your time. For example....I hunted yesterday evening out of my saddle. Got my sticks up, got my platform hung, got my tether on the tree, got ready to hook into my bridge.....Uh oh.... when I put my saddle on I did not step into it with the bridge in front of me. My bridge was behind me. I wasn't getting down. I stood on the platform, grabbed the tree, brought my linesman's belt around and clipped my tether carabiner to my linesman's rope and started hunting. In other words I used my linesman's rope for my bridge. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X