No announcement yet.

2020 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my little patch tilled for Broccoli and Cauliflower. It would have been bigger but the tiller tried to kill me.
    Old Troybult Horset tiller hit a root and lungde forward and pulled me down, then shifter into reverse and tried to climb into my lap. Scary feeling. Luckily I pulled the lever down and drove it forward until I could get back to my feet. I'm ordering a kill switch with lanyard before I use it again. Probably not a bad idea for some of y'all also. You just never know when things are going to get sideways with ya.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Got my little patch tilled for Broccoli and Cauliflower.
      Old Troybult Horset tiller hit a root and lungde forward and pulled me down, then shifter into reverse and tried to climb into my lap. Scary feeling. Luckily I pulled the lever down and drove it forward until I could get back to my feet. I'm ordering a kill switch with lanyard before I use it again. Probably not a bad idea for some of y'all also. You just never know when things are going to get sideways with ya.

You could of just told us the story...
      That hurt my eyes.
      Looks like the pooch wasn't so lucky.

Comment

Yea I was gonna ask who shot the dog...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          Got my little patch tilled for Broccoli and Cauliflower. It would have been bigger but the tiller tried to kill me.

I think you did all that just so you can post a picture of your pasty thigh!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            I think you did all that just so you can post a picture of your pasty thigh!
            Pasty thighs have some color now. Black and blue the a little yellowish hue.

I'll spare ya'll the pick.

Comment

Eggplants and tobasco pepper are still rocking! Got so many peppers and eggplants this year, I'm running out of ideas on how to cook them.
              Attached Files

Comment

Also made my own compost this year. Left side is unfinished, still cooking compost composed of garden and kitchen scraps, lawn clippings, and shredded paper. Right side is finished compost after about 3 months. Amended beds for the fall garden with my own compost for the first time. Really looking forward to results.

For fall garden, doing brocolli, cabbage, carrots, buttercrunch lettuce and collard greens.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by LlanoHunter10; 09-25-2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

You want to see something go crazy, plant spaghetti squash. I tried one plant in the spring and got 10 big squash.

Comment

My pepper plants are coming back to life and producing like crazy. Would like to try to keep them alive during the winter. Curious as to what type of material to cover the garden with to make a greenhouse on a budget?? My garden is in a 10x10 dog kennel so the actual structure is almost all there. Any and all help is appreciated.

Comment

Is it too late to start a fall garden?

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                        Hope not....haven't started mine yet. Planned to do it this past weekend, but the mosquito's were not letting me have any of that. Even OFF Deepwoods was ineffective.

Comment

I had given up and pulled pole beans and other plants including peppers that are easy but not producing. I re planted squash (Zucchini bush) which failed in the spring. I am now picking beautiful zucchini. And if it does not freeze my Early Girl and Juliet tomatoes are filling in with green healthy fruit and massive blooms. Weird year. Come on fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Hope not....haven't started mine yet. Planned to do it this past weekend, but the mosquito's were not letting me have any of that. Even OFF Deepwoods was ineffective.
                            had more mosquito's than ever here in Georgetown. Spent more fighting the pests than maintaining other needs. Hate them and science has found zero use for them in the eco systems! at least fire ants eat chiggers! Be careful sir. They carry yuk as well as an itch.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
                              You are still good. We planted last weekend in Houston.

Comment

Planted my fall crops last weekend. Brocolli, cabbage, collard greens, brussel sprouts, kale, swiss chard, buttercrunch and romaine lettuce. Got the shade cloth over all the beds due to the 80 and 90 degree days were still experiencing.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X