The way the Left thinks.. Long read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way the Left thinks.. Long read

Hi GS i was looking on the FB the other day and saw a guy i went to highschool with was posting anti Trump things.. It catch my attention so i messaged him. This was our convo.. Im not as well written as he is.. The last message he sent was this morning.. If you have a reply i can send it to him..
    Thanks,

Myself- I see your political views are left. I am trying to understand. Conceive me why I should vote joe..
    I figured you are more civil than most

LIB- I'm glad you reached out. I don't want to make my argument entirely about voting against Trump, because I think Biden can be an effective leader, but I am really really against Donald Trump. I do not believe Trump has ever or will ever care about anyone one other than himself or his immediate family.

Myself- You see here, I totally disagree with you. I believe trump cares about America and the American people of this country. He does not condemn riots and lotting and the people burning this county. He’s 100% for America. Making American jobs, trade deals that benefit this county greatly. He has nothing to gain to only care about him self in my opinion and evidence of that is he doesn’t take a salary, instead donates it to charity.

LIB- I don't want to make my argument entirely about voting against Trump, because I think Biden can be an effective leader, but I am really really against Donald Trump. I do not believe Trump has ever or will ever care about anyone one other than himself or his immediate family. I think he has been a conman his entire life and that continues to be true today. He is incapable of even pretending to care about the other side and I think that is a fundamentaly important thing for a president to do. On the other hand, I see a lot of conspiracy theories on the right about horrible things Biden has been involved with that I think are outrageous. I am interested to know what your concerns are with Biden, I don't know your preferred news sources. I make an effort to watch Fox News every week or so to keep up with what conservatives are watching. And its scary. Hannity and Tucker spend most of their shows hyping up this hellscape future that we face if Biden wins and I just think its nonsense. I think Fox is entirely motivated to keep their viewers scared because its profitable. And this is true for all the cable news networks. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, I think America would immediately become a better place if everyone simply decided to stop watching the people that made news into entertainment. Fox News openly claims to only support one side of the political divide, and I think that is an extremely unhealthy way to tell the news. Social media is in a similar boat. The stories I see conservative sites sharing seem outlandish. I do not believe there is an invasion across the southern border aiming to tear down our society. Outside of a few fools like AOC and Beto, I don't think the Democrats are coming to take my guns away. I think Biden generally cares about the well being of the public and while he is not my first or second or third choice I think he is worlds better than DJT
    And I don't think I emphasized that I'm no democrat, although thats mainly who I'm voting for this year. I like the idea of the government staying out of my life. I probably would have chosen John Kasich over Hillary. And when Trump is out I will likely vote third party if we can start finding reasonable third party candidates. But it seems to me the modern republican party has left reasonable thinking behind. The GOP aren't the business conservatives they used to be

Myself- I see and watch cnn, msnbc as much as I can stand. All they do it bash Trump he could wave to someone on the street and the media would say he giving them the bird. Biden wants to shut down the country due to Covid that seems smart.. Biden does want major gun control he want to ban ar15 /ak47 because it’s a “weapon of war” Look at the dem run city’s burning and pure chaos, they want open borders .. if the Democratic Party wants joe Biden to be the face of the party that is just scary the man can barely even get a sentence out..
    And don’t forget about his son hunter.. Dems want to abolish police.. I agree the world would be a much better place with out the media. I just take what I’ve seen and affected me in the passed 4 years.. The gas prices have been the same since 2016 around 2 bucks a gallon due to bring back the oil gas industry and make jobs in that industry
    My check has actually gained money do to the tax break for the middle class. He’s pro life, pro gun and for America. He might say stuff on Twitter but it’s the only way he can get the truth out because the media.
    I look forward to the debates I’m sure Biden will end up with the covid and won’t show..

LIB- I agree that some, like MSNBC get too excited when criticizing the president, although he deserves a lot of the criticism. The main thing is that the liberals being wrong doesn’t make Trump right. While their coverage is a circus, I think there is still a lot of truth behind the negative stories.
    On Covid,
    Covid is a serious threat. Hospital systems in many American cities were overrun by a few weeks of uncontrolled covid spreading. Similar things happened around the world.I think everyone should agree Covid is serious. Some places over reacted, like many places in California, they still can’t go to the beach or park, even though we know it doesn’t really spread outside. But it is still real. I think if we had an effective government that reacted early on we could have avoided most of the pain of this summer. I know he closed the border with China, but thats about it. Almost everyday he tries to downplay the virus, calling it a hoax, or whatever. This to me is an example of him lying, if we know the virus is real, he should be able to say that it’s real, and act on it. Instead he refuses to take action and says it’s a democrat hoax to steal the election. I see that as him knowingly putting Americans in danger and I will never support a president that does that. On the other hand, I think Biden will be better able to handle the virus.
    On guns,
    Yes, Biden wants gun law reform. I personally think that is a good idea. I believe that there is a way to better prevent bad guys from getting guns while ensuring good guys still have guns. I think all gun owners should get behind small changes to gun laws. I don’t agree with Biden’s statements on assault rifles, they are too similar to all other semi automatic rifles. But I think he is playing to his base with those statements and his actual policy proposals are more about changes like expanding background checks.
    On protests, riots,
    The violent riots are wrong and I don’t think democrats have done nearly enough to denounce them. But democrats, including Biden have said they are wrong. And I don’t think the riots should distract from why they are upset. Minorities have been second class citizens in many ways and they are extremely frustrated. I think Trump’s hateful rhetoric towards minorities has done a lot to increase the unrest in cities and I think Biden will be better able to manage the problem. Trump is unable to say anything like, “I understand why they are frustrated.” which makes the problem worse. In short, I flat do not believe Biden wants to let American cities burn. I think Trump’s dictator-like use of federal police and national guard has caused more damage to American cities than any democrat policy. I live in the middle of a dem city right now and other than a few dozen broken windows in June, nothing violent has really gone on.
    On police,
    Democrats don’t want to get rid of police. There are lefty extremists on twitter saying stuff like that, but they don’t represent the party. Biden supports what most democrats and many police unions support, which is to unload many of society's problems from the police departments responsibilities. Such as mental health care and non violent drug addicts. It is unfortunate that they chose the term “defund the police” because it sounds worse than what they mean.
    On mental fitness,
    Trump spent 6 weeks bragging about passing a dementia test. That is a low standard for a president. Pick any speech trump has given and it's a bunch of rambling nonsense. Biden forgets what he is saying sometimes, and conservative media seizes on those moments, but overall he gets to the point when he is talking about something. Biden isn’t as sharp as he used to be but I think he is a lot better than what we have now. I too look forward to the debates.
    On immigration,
    Democrats don’t want open borders. They are so against Trump’s wall because it won’t do much to stop anything. The vast majority of illegal aliens are here because they came in legally and stayed after their visa expired. The majority of drugs are smuggled in through legal ports of entry. Such as trucks and rail containers. Biden has proposed reforming the immigration system, which is also something Ronald Reagan supported, while continuing to monitor the existing border fence and trying to catch smugglers when they try to drive in. Democrats support allowing more immigrants to come in legally, which is how America got here in the first place but they do not support open borders.
    When conservative media tells you democrats want open borders, that is a plain lie.
    On the economy,
    Yes, the economy grew for most of Trump’s presidency. He built on the successful economy that he inherited. However, this was done with irresponsible policies that made it more volatile. Instead of slow and steady growth, Trump favors fast growth that leaves us vulnerable to crashes. I prefer slow and steady. And I think the future of energy is in renewables which Biden has better plans for. The growth of the oil industry has been great for bringing back jobs, but I don’t think there is much more room to grow there. I am leaving 2020 out of my judgement on his handling on the economy because Covid.
    And taxes,
    Biden does not want to tax anyone outside of the top 1%. Most democrat tax proposals focus on people making 5,000,000 or more per year. Imagine 100 or 1000 times your paycheck and that is who democrats want to tax. Biden flat said last week he won’t tax anyone making less than 400k per year. The changes would go towards helping people like us.
    And I can’t say this enough, Trump doesn’t care about me, you or anybody else. The guy that came out of the golden penthouse in Manhattan does not care about the folks that work for a living. Everything is about making himself look good, that's why he talks about his interview ratings when he is asked about how many Americans have died of Covid.
    I will never trust him.
    I hope none of this seems hostile. I enjoy constructive debates.

Myself- I believe covid is serious for the elderly.. but mostly blown way out I believe the media tries to scare people with this virus. If you died in a car wreck and had Covid the death would be logged as a covid 19 death.. What would Biden of done? The country can’t afford to be shut down so what’s the answer?
    You give one 1in of gun control to the dems they take a mile.. have you ever bought a gun it’s not like buying a 6pack and they ask for an ID there is back ground checks forms you fill it and multiple questions.. all the crime done with guns most are gotten illegal.. the 2nd amendment is one of the biggest factors of my decision in a presidential election. Nobody with take any sort of right from me dealing with the right to bear arms and protecting my family I don’t care if it’s magazines or any accessories.. I have firearms accessories that has taken a full year to get approved for through the ATF ( Suppressor)
    BLM and protest..
    I believe there is a problem with black males and police. What happen to George Floyd is terrible. But with that being said you can’t Broadcast ever time a white cop arrest or has conflict with a black male. Makes it so much worse. You gotta think if you were a police officer during these time. You pull over a black male and I’m sure you are on the edge.. and when they go running to their car or resisting arrest your worried they are gonna shoot you because your the white cop. I here and here dems want to defund the police and I don’t agree at all with that at all if anything give officers a raise... when the shooting happened at riots in WI they called 911.. seems ironic.. trump enforces law and order for business owners and citizens so we don’t get beating over these fools.
    inform me on what you think Biden would do.
    I can really care less if a President has a fanatic speech or not Trump is constantly making American first. Trump says what’s on his mind he doesn’t give a **** if it offend people he’s not the typical Washington candidate And I believe that is what American needs and has. Biden is losing it IMO I believe your really voting for Harris..
    I want legal immigration not people crossing the river.. I worked in construction for a couple years the Hispanic culture absolutely hates when people come here illegally they don’t pay taxes. Taking jobs from many Americans…Build the wall. and Come to this country the legal way..
    The economy is bouncing back since covid and climbing strong. And I believe people trust Trump and that is why the economy is the way it is.
    I disagree you got a stimulus check I got one to if Trump didn’t care there still wouldn’t be a relief check.. they’d be bickering about it still. He cut the unemployment cut to get people to go back to work it’s time to get back to work.. people were making more money sitting on their butts than going back to work.. I believe Trump is for the American people
    I enjoy debates as well been very interesting I’m probably more right wing than most. You hate trump I hate Biden
    Maybe hate isn’t the word we dislike each lol trying to be civil. I’m just glad we still have the right to the Freedom of speech

LIB- This Morning Hey, sorry I took so long to reply. We can dig into individual issues forever, but I think the root cause of our disagreement, and the disagreement in America in general, is we don’t have the same set of facts. America got here because so much news is from wildly biased sources. I think one of those sources is Fox. They are proudly partisan and I think that automatically makes them untrustworthy. Liberal outlets are guilty of doing this as well, but not nearly to the same extent. I’ve spent the last five years trying to convince conservatives that conservative news outlets are selling snake oil. But the last few weeks, especially the death of RBG, have left me speechless. I think the Republican Party has gone so far from what they were even 20 years ago that everyday Republican voters weren’t able to see the changes happen. The GOP isn’t about reducing taxes and regulations anymore. Trump and McConnell are the definition of corrupt, and until conservatives recognize what is going on I don’t think the problem with politics will go away. I know your intentions are good and you are voting for what you think will make the world a better place. We both want America to be a better place, and I have no doubt that Biden is capable of making things better while I also have no doubt that Trump will never make anything better. Someday I hope Americans on both sides can walk away from their partisan news sources so that we can get back to making America the great land of the free that we all deserve.

I saw a slight debate amongst two seemingly sincere stand up guys with the unfortunate position of voting for what they feel is the lesser of the evils.The last sentence stated is about the biggest truth I can agree with.I am very conservative but it’s unfortunate that the real world can’t be as civil and respectful as this discussion it would be a much nicer place and things would probably actually get done if folks would just be respectful.Theres just to many idiots with agendas and a degree of power that are lopsided and in a position to contaminate things for everyone.IMO

Comment

This is exactly the type of discussion that more people need to have to help find ways to work together despite differences. Leaving the conversation is a manner that another is possible is how things get resolved.

Comment

If the guy believes anyone who makes less than 400k should pay zero in taxes and everyone making more should pay more then you can't help him because he's pretty stupid.

Comment

Both sides think the other is conspiring to destroy America. Both sides think the other sides news network it out to help.

My only question for the Biden fans is: why will the guy, after being in politics longer than I've been alive (including VP for 8 years), all of the sudden start making meaningful changes?

Comment

I would respond with the following:

Thank you for your time and civil conversation. Hope you also see my side. My main concerns are taking care of my family and having a job and feel my vote stands the best chance leaning the way I am. It has been nice to get a viewpoint without being called names and talked down to. The biggest scare for me with Biden is Harris being President. I don’t agree with anything on her platform. Stay in touch

Comment

Originally posted by Heartland Hunter View Post
              I do not believe Trump has ever or will ever care about anyone one other than himself or his immediate family.
              He lost me right at the get go with this statement. Trump was living his life as a billionaire, married to a beautiful model, bumping uglies with **** stars, and playing golf. He didn't have to sign up to serve this country. He has been attacked by the leftist mob each day of his presidency and is signing up to do it again, for America.

Comment

He is brainwashed period. Yes it was a civil discussion, but he still did not in my mind give reason's why Biden would be better. His disdain and hate for Trump is what drives him, not anything Biden has said or done. His whole premise was "I do not think that most Democrats want or do not want this" Dang sure not what the main stream democrats are saying or doing right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  He lost me right at the get go with this statement. Trump was living his life as a billionaire, married to a beautiful model, bumping uglies with **** stars, and playing golf. He didn't have to sign up to serve this country. He has been attacked by the leftist mob each day of his presidency and is signing up to do it again, for America.
                  Exactly right.

Comment

Ask him to list what Biden has accomplished in 47 years. Then show him the list of what Trump has done in just 4 years, with the House fighting him at every step.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      Ask him to list what Biden has accomplished in 47 years. Then show him the list of what Trump has done in just 4 years, with the House fighting him at every step.
                      None can, he has done nothing but lie, plagerize and pander! All proven facts!

Comment

This is exactly why it’s a waste of time to try and even discuss Things with Democrats. Fox bad but cnn / msnbc etc good, trump bad, guns bad, redistribution of wealth good, illegal immigration not a problem, free this or free that, global warming or climate change, it’s the same stuff and I agree with none of it. There is no common ground anymore. Like Biden himself you have to be brain dead to vote for him or you truly have a fundamentally different view of what this country should be which is generally converse to what I think it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I go back to what I have always said.....You can't reason someone what they didn't reason themselves into.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            YEP; 47 years VS 47 months.

who knows how to get things done??

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              This is exactly why it’s a waste of time to try and even discuss Things with Democrats. Fox bad but cnn / msnbc etc good, trump bad, guns bad, redistribution of wealth good, illegal immigration not a problem, free this or free that, global warming or climate change, it’s the same stuff and I agree with none of it. There is no common ground anymore. Like Biden himself you have to be brain dead to vote for him or you truly have a fundamentally different view of what this country should be which is generally converse to what I think it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              I agree 100% with you. and lets say Trump wins BIGLY; now, what do we do? Trump only has another 4 yrs.

the dems aren't going to have a change of mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X