Any TBH Billiards Players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    Yet another thing we have in common Steve. I grew up on a pool table. Shot several hours a day for probably 15-20 yrs. Funded many bad habits in college shooting pool. Marriage and children slowed the program then interest slowly drifted away . haven't shot in years now.

The best player I ever went up against was back in my heli skiing days in British Columbia. I thought I was good. Guy cleaned my clock. Humbling.
    I remember myself as good. Just weird how the execution of all that goodness is much harder now.. It aint far to Lufkin. Come spend an afternoon with me.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      Safes are some of the most brilliant shots you will ever see. They have been around forever, no rules changed. 99% of the people who play pool, have absolutely no idea how the game should be played, or the rules.
      If you ever had it all on the line, and you could either just swing away, or play a jam up safe, and trap the guy, what would you do?
      Playing for funsies, isn't the same as playing for cash.
      Anyone in the Longview area wants to match up, you have $100 a game, 1 pocket action all night, or we can play some $300 or $400 sets of whatever. All 9ft action, no boxes.
      I'm not arguing with you that is hasn't been around forever or is a brilliant shot. Simply saying that the place I grew up wasn't playing for "funsies" Any givin weekend, the winnings were big money,steaks, booze etc. The place had certain rules and too keep people from fighting and wanting to play, safes were a no go. You had to attempt to make every shot.

If I was closer to Longview, I would come play with you but that is a hike from here.

Comment

Played for a team at South West Texas. (Texas State). Loved it. Took 1st at the TA/M tourney against other colleges. Pretty cool.

Love to play but the first thing that goes is speed and touch..

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Had a table growing up & played all the time...can't even hardly get to it now my mom uses it to display crap.

I tell you what, spend some time on a snooker table & it makes those small bar tables seem simple...snooker is tough!!
          Snooker tough? After watching this, it doesn't look that tough.
          Ronnie O'Sullivan wins the Welsh Open with a 147. Genius!Credit World Snooker fastest 147 in history

Comment

You want some good practice play 9 ball on a snooker table!

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
              Ha that place hasn't changed at all! There are quite a few hustlers around ole bostocks and bar c too.
              Showing my age here. I usually played at the dodge house. Pool Tuesday and Thursday. Darts on Wednesday. Got to know the bartenders real well. Never had to wait in those long lines for a drink. Just walked to end and they would slide me one. May be why it took me almost 7 years to graduate. Realized it was time to get serious about school when everyone I knew was leaving

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Sounds like you are dang good. Im guessing pretty young as well.. The thing about safe shots is that they are well accepted now.. 30 years ago, the same shot would get you blind sided in the jaw.

Im not into the one pocket or 9ft action but if you wanna drive to Lufkin and play on some perfect Diamond pro/am bar tables, Im your huckleberry. Spot me three on a race to ten? after all, Im a beginner again..
                Sounds like fun. I would come down for a Sat night or something. I love to play. Diamonds are definetly the preferred tables. That long shelf is a monster.
                And you can have 3 on the wire all night

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                  Showing my age here. I usually played at the dodge house. Pool Tuesday and Thursday. Darts on Wednesday. Got to know the bartenders real well. Never had to wait in those long lines for a drink. Just walked to end and they would slide me one. May be why it took me almost 7 years to graduate. Realized it was time to get serious about school when everyone I knew was leaving
                  You must have been there around the time my father in law was there. His name is James Hooser, he was a purple poo he ran around with tomcat and that group.

Comment

Sounds like fun. I would come down for a Sat night or something. I love to play. Diamonds are definetly the preferred tables. That long shelf is a monster.
                    And you can have 3 on the wire all night
                    I would prefer to do it on a quiet afternoon. I recon i could hook you up with all that three on the wire action you wanted with a little notice. I guess 400 bucks would be pretty cheap for lessons like that anyway. Im in.

Comment

I learned how to play snooker at a private club in Garland many years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                        I learned how to play snooker at a private club in Garland many years ago!
                        Did an old man named SAM own it?

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                          Snooker tough? After watching this, it doesn't look that tough.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYqSATdr62Q
                          That was a work of art

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            I would prefer to do it on a quiet afternoon. I recon i could hook you up with all that three on the wire action you wanted with a little notice. I guess 400 bucks would be pretty cheap for lessons like that anyway. Im in.
                            Sounds like fun, and a beer . Let's try for the first week or so in Nov. I'm fishing right now, and will be headed to Co a week after I get back, so Oct is shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheapsk8 View Post
                              That was a work of art
                              Unbelievable talent right there.

Comment

Unbelievable talent right there.
                                Yes he is.

If 8 ball is more your speed check this one out. Happened a couple months ago.

This is video is posted in partnership with Billiard Network as part of a contractual agreement.Produced and Directed by HighRock Productions.Billiard Networ...

Comment

Working...
                                X