No announcement yet.

Who has lived in Guam or NMI retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roatan- Ambercas Cay- or any of islands off Belize would be great. Island folks and life are something up my alley. But the Island folks will tell you dont goto the mainland

Comment

One of the St. something or anothers is a better choice IMO

Comment

My buddy moved there as a missionary about 20 years ago. Fished, kayaked, played soccer all the time and married a beautiful native woman. He will probably never move back.

Comment

I have a friend that lives in Roatan, he sells real estate. He is putting together some info. I will post with contact info when I get it.

Comment

St John is really nice and not too far. Not many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
              lets hear more about Roatan.
              I searched it and it looks great.
              I spent 8 days on Maya Cay back in 1981. The people were the friendliest folks I have ever met. Even the soldiers in town were great. I was 23yrs old and single, I almost did not come back home. The diving is the best I've ever seen. A quick map search shows it has become a bit more touristy than it was back then. The mainland sucked! But you have to remember back then, most of Central America was at war.

Comment

I admire folks that have the adventure in them to look outside the US for retirement. Me, I just can’t do it. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                  I admire folks that have the adventure in them to look outside the US for retirement. Me, I just can’t do it. Good luck to you.

Agreed. Would be awesome but not in our cards... don’t see us being able to live that far away from family.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    I am planning retirement, wife wanted Hawaii :rolleyes way to expensive
                    So I have been studying and looking around https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ght=Retirement
                    Panama, Guam, NMI , Nicaragua
                    So asking anyone lived in Guam or Saipan, NMI , it’s American and has some perks for us looking at retirement
                    Opinion
                    Out of all the places you researched, do any of them offer you the possibility of buying a farm or ranch? Which place offers the best hunting?

Comment

NMI, Nicaragua have hunting and fishing
                      Nicaragua, Panama has some paperwork/ residence visas to obtain
                      NMI is USA
                      American Samoa is illegal to own property unless you’re 50% Samoan

Comment

Good thread, following!
                        Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
                        St John is really nice and not too far. Not many people.
                        We honeymooned on St. johns 27 years ago and went back 3 years ago for some meetings. Still beautiful, it cannot be developed as it is a national park. I dont think we could live their full time but 6 months would probably work for us. St. Thomas is super touristy and kinda dumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                          This isn't the site I was looking for but may answer some questions:
                          https://goexpat.com/
                          Just forwarded this link to my wife. We are definitely loving the global citizen aspects of life.

Comment

Originally posted by brents45 View Post
                            I have a friend that lives in Roatan, he sells real estate. He is putting together some info. I will post with contact info when I get it.
                            A retired couple can expect to spend about $2,000 to $2,500 a month for all their needs on Roatán. Let's start with housing. Rents start at about $500 a month for an apartment or condo within walking distance of the beach. You'll pay around $800 to $1,000 for something right on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Good thread, following!

We honeymooned on St. johns 27 years ago and went back 3 years ago for some meetings. Still beautiful, it cannot be developed as it is a national park. I dont think we could live their full time but 6 months would probably work for us. St. Thomas is super touristy and kinda dumpy.
                              St Croix , is kinda a dump depends what part of the island you are on , I like being off the beaten path,

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                                Agreed. Would be awesome but not in our cards... don’t see us being able to live that far away from family.
                                In our specific situation is the same with Family.

Comment

Working...
                                X