Neighborhood Pride-Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighborhood Pride-Rant

It might just be me, but why do people put nonworking appliances in the front yard? Same people that won’t mow their yards, park a vehicle on the grass in front yard or leave trash receptacles out all week after it has been emptied. Just can’t figure out why their isn’t pride in neighborhoods?

I put mine out on trash day because the metal guys and repairmen/flippers come through and pick them up. Saves me a $25 trip to the dump plus gives them some income. I also mow my yard and bring in my trash receptacles when empty...

Sorry if that offends...

Comment

My parents flipped a house in Carrollton and they were shocked when there was piles of trash in people’s front yards. Turns out the bulk pickup was once a week in the front yard. Neighborhood always looked trashy the day before.

Comment

I have my cars on blocks - Is that ok?

I know people like this. They have a car that breaks down and let the old one sit. The longer it sits the more they forget about it. Just haul the crap off already.

Comment

I as well will put no working appliances up front on trash day. Its usually gone before morning...

Comment

because people recycle.

Drink some coffee bud, there are bigger things to worry about. Live and let live.

Comment

There is a big difference between putting stuff out at the curb to be hauled off and leaving appliances, furniture and old cars in the yard as their final resting place. It is their property and they can do what they want but it really looks trashy. Even po' folks can keep their place tidy and well-kept with a little pride and a little effort.

Comment

I keep my stuff in check, but I don't worry myself with what anyone else does. Especially with their home and land. Its none of my business and I have too much other stuff to be focused on..... Like why is Smart so Smart? Why is Smart so Cool? Why isn't Smart's name Cool Smart?

Comment

It’s their own property. Not yours.

Some things are just out of your control in general. Learn to make peace with that or you're gonna end up on blood pressure medication.

Comment

Move out the barrio. Those folks think it is art/treasure

Comment

People ***** & moan about HOA's, but everything you mentioned are the main things they prevent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                        I keep my stuff in check, but I don't worry myself with what anyone else does. Especially with their home and land. Its none of my business and I have too much other stuff to be focused on..... Like why is Smart so Smart? Why is Smart so Cool? Why isn't Smart's name Cool Smart?
                        There's a fine line between HOA strict rules and caring if your neighbor trashes up his front yard.

That IS other peoples business if it lowers their property value and is an eye sore. And there is no reason for it to begin with.

I live in a neighborhood with no HOA. For the most part it's all good. But I've seen some yards (not near me) that look like junk yards. Being lazy and not mowing is one thing but an old washer as a permanent yard ornament is another.

Comment

Why do people put upside down beers in their margaritas? Stupidest thing I've seen since trucknutz. You're too stupid you can't decide if you want a beer or margarita?

Comment

If you leave a bottle cap out by the curb in my neighborhood you'd have 5 mother hens reporting you in less than 10 minutes.

Comment

This is what my neighbor was treating us all to for almost 9 months...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X