• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like it. Nice job

Comment

Looks pretty dang good!

Ike

Comment

Well thats just plain old pimp. I like that.. how much does a roll of that L.E.D cost?

Comment

Wow this is crazy I just ordered my lights for my boat this week and was thinking about putting some in my bed… You just tied into the running light wire on the plug?

Comment

That does look good

Comment

We do this at our shop every week. The Led lights draw practically nothing. Pulling from the hot lead in the 7 way is fine if it is switched and fused.
              If you drop them down just a bit under the bed rail there is an angled part that the lights sit on real well and they will get rid of that dark stripe in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                We do this at our shop every week. The Led lights draw practically nothing. Pulling from the hot lead in the 7 way is fine if it is switched and fused.
                If you drop them down just a bit under the bed rail there is an angled part that the lights sit on real well and they will get rid of that dark stripe in the middle.
                Did you just run the ground wire to the frame of the truck?

Comment

Originally posted by thomas.poncik View Post
                  Wow this is crazy I just ordered my lights for my boat this week and was thinking about putting some in my bed… You just tied into the running light wire on the plug?
                  Yeah there's a wire on the 7 way that's always hot.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas.poncik View Post
                    Did you just run the ground wire to the frame of the truck?
                    I just grounded each strip to the bed with a terminal and screw. Because they draw such little amperage, I wasn't worried about going to the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      Thanks. I'm going to work on the placement. The front was starting to blow in, and I was getting cold so I just stuck them up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Drichter1011 View Post
                        Well thats just plain old pimp. I like that.. how much does a roll of that L.E.D cost?
                        I paid $27 on eBay shipped for 5 meters

Comment

nice

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Great job and alot cheaper then the ones they sell for this application!

Comment

That's a great idea. I've been wanting to add bed lights to my truck since it doesn't have a cargo light.

Comment

Working...
                                X