Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started The New Mini-Shop Last Night......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used standard residential windows, you just have to frame behind them. Make sure that they're flanged, so you can screw them off to your framing, and wrap them with J-trim and silicone caulk for the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I havn't been able to find any windows specificaly for metal buildings, that slide up and down.......like for the window unit A/C I want to put in. Any ideas???

I wonder if I should just frame an opening and plan on furring in to the A/C without a window, but I would like the extra light...
      That is what I would do. But for the extra light they sell plastic frame windows at Lowe's and HD, that I used for my shop. They are like 24 x 24 and about $30 a piece. I used two off them and as of this moment I don't have any eletricity hooked up. But during they day these provide enough light to work in the shop...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	4859774482_496980642c_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	23965049

Comment

(crickets)
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Yelp, looks solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
            (crickets)
            Santa didn't finish it for him?

Comment

Too much huntin, hollidays, traveling, and rain....

Need two afternoons after work and I'll be ready to move on to the slab.....hope to have more time to work in the next couple weeks. I HATE daylight savings time...

Comment

I HATE daylight savings time...
                Ya. That puts a damper on production.
                Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I had to use side to side windows cause I couldn't find up/down. I framed specifically for window unit. I got the Fredrick heatpump and they are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                    I had to use side to side windows cause I couldn't find up/down. I framed specifically for window unit. I got the Fredrick heatpump and they are awesome.
                    Couldnt ya just turn them sideways winders 90 degrees?

Just askin.....
                    Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

You will need to zoom to see them

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                        Couldnt ya just turn them sideways winders 90 degrees?

Just askin.....
                        They'll leak.

Comment

I havn't been able to find any windows specificaly for metal buildings, that slide up and down.......like for the window unit A/C I want to put in. Any ideas???

I wonder if I should just frame an opening and plan on furring in to the A/C without a window, but I would like the extra light...
                          We used residential windows at Fish camp! They work just fine.

Comment

Just about finished up the frame yesterday. Between hollidays, deer season, traveling, and crappy weather, it's been tough to work for very long at a time on this thing. Not to mention having to wait a day every time I paint a piece to turn it over, or move it.

Anyway, all the walls are built, we'll see if it was a stupid idea to pre-fab the walls when we go to put'em up. I bet they'll take some "fitting" but we can make it work.

Gonna try to get some help up to the house this week to layout the slab.....freakin short days.

Comment

Comment

I was wondering if you gave up......cause d-moe don't quit

Comment

Working...
                                X