The Teardrop Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Teardrop Build

Well acouple of weeks ago I posted a thread on the campfire that I was tired of having to haul either my coach or travel trailer to the lease set it up and then break camp to bring all my stuff home each and everytime I went to the lease at the hill country. Well no more I have dicided to build me a little teardrop trailer something I could pull with my little ranger. I hope you guy's enjoy.

Here is the floor a 4' x 8' x 3/4" sheet of plywood

I saw this design somewhere and I liked it so much better that an original tear drop. so here is the first wall going up

the floor and two wall's up

now I cut out where the doors go on both sides

and here are the rib's

Last edited by coon007; 01-30-2010, 06:38 PM. Reason: forgot pic

More to come tommorow

Comment

Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Following along!

Comment

Originally posted by tmag592 View Post
          Following along!

x2.....always like to watch creativity whether I use it or not...

Comment

Looks good...

Comment

Looks like it's comeing along nicely

Comment

If you can will you keep us posted on approx total cost? This intrigues me. No more going through ringer to get my motorhome to the lease possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
                  If you can will you keep us posted on approx total cost? This intrigues me. No more going through ringer to get my motorhome to the lease possibly.
                  That's why i'm doing this. Well up to date i have bought
                  3- 4x8 sheets of partical board at $8.00 apiece
                  1- 3/4" plywood for the floor $18.00
                  10-1"x10' yellow pine for rib's at $1.50
                  1 box of 1" screws $4.50
                  1 box of 1 1/2" $4.50

Comment

Tear drop rv

Tear-drop rv looks great, I built a 6'x6'x12' rv, I've had it for 7yrs..,framed it out of 2x4 with sheet metal exterior and RV rubber top. The only issue I had was over time, as you travel back and forth through rough roads, etc the 2x4 construction became a little loose, I used 3" wood bolts, I thought it was gonna be enough to keep it nice and square.
                    Some kind of re-enforcement on your ribs (1x???) would be helpful to keep it from getting loose..,just thought I would share my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by fordxpress View Post
                      Tear-drop rv looks great, I built a 6'x6'x12' rv, I've had it for 7yrs..,framed it out of 2x4 with sheet metal exterior and RV rubber top. The only issue I had was over time, as you travel back and forth through rough roads, etc the 2x4 construction became a little loose, I used 3" wood bolts, I thought it was gonna be enough to keep it nice and square.
                      Some kind of re-enforcement on your ribs (1x???) would be helpful to keep it from getting loose..,just thought I would share my experience.
                      Yes today i'm going to re enforce the entire roof ribbing. what kind of skin did you use for the extiror

Comment

Looking good so far.

Comment

well today I really did not do anything to the teardrop other that put some extra ribs on the side roof and made the seperating wall frame from the kitchen to the inside of the trailer

tomarrow I'm going to lowe or home depot to pick up some insulating foam and some electrical stuff for the teardrop, so I can advance on it.

Comment

interesting

Comment

And I forgot i'm also going to pickup a 5000 btu a/c they are pertty cheap right now at lowes

Comment

Working...
                              X