Traditional FSC Week 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2: DQ.
    Tried starting from 11, going for lower left quad -' check; then upper left from 9 -- check; then upper right from 7 -- NOPE.

Left seems to be my miss with new bow, tab and different anchor and head position.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I wasn't gonna say anything but . . .
      No seriously, I wasn't. [emoji52]

Gary

That's why I should always write my work down when doing math. Good thing I wasn't cutting something to length.

Plenty of time for you to join in on both FSCs

Comment

I've got some stuff going on Reb. Hoping to get it healed up in time to prep for the archery opener. What few shots I'm taking are just so I don't completely abandon my form. Took 18 shots tonight. Most I've taken in a session since before the incident.
        Y'all are doing great. I'm enjoying keeping up with it though.

Comment

Day2: DQ'd at the 11 yard.

Last edited by TXRebel; 07-18-2019, 08:03 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

1 7/8 + 1 11/16 + 1 7/16 + 3 1/2 = 8.5 (I hope, lol!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent shooting AND math, Camo!!

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                1 7/8 + 1 11/16 + 1 7/16 + 3 1/2 = 8.5 (I hope, lol!)

Nice shooting, CQ, that gives you the lead

Comment

I'm out. Day 3 was about 4-1/2"

Comment

Wrong forum. Oops [emoji3]

Comment

Here's the TBH challenge Day 3: 4-13/16+3-1/4+1/4"+1/4"=8-9/16"
                      CamoQuest still leads.

Last edited by tradtiger; 07-18-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Great shooting CQ and TT!

Comment

Day 2: 1 1/2 + 2 3/16 + 2 7/8 + 1 11/16= 8.25

Daniel and I are headed to Cowtown for the Texas ASA state shoot tomorrow. This challenge has been good practice for aiming off a spot. Still have a long way to go before I’ll be competitive, but we sure are having fun and enjoying the process.

Comment

CQ, it's not about being competitive here. It's about challenging yourself. Having a chance to measure yourself to yourself, and realizing none of the rest of us is perfect either. Every one of us, even Bisch and Rick, have to keep shooting and working to stay consistent. Granted, the more years you do this, the easier it is to take a few days off and still get your edge back, however even the best of them have bad hunts, bad days of competition and bad days on the range.
                            This should be fun, but also a tool to help you gauge your progress. For me it was tough the first two years. But I hung in there and shot. A lot of times shots not worth posting but I shot.
                            New shooters in the mix is a good thing.

Comment

Thanks DRT, a lot of what you said helps. I really meant being competitive in ASA, but it applies here, too. I’ve followed some of you guys long before I ever thought about picking up a recurve or longbow. Call me a Green Screen stalker, lol. Being so involved with compounds, I never dreamed I would branch out into trad, but I had nothing but admiration and respect for the guys and ladies I saw shooting stick bows. It was always something I felt would be out of my reach, but I loved to see the results posted on TBH. Now that Daniel and I are hooked, the weekly FSC’s have been really good for us, and you are correct, they are a great way to gauge our progress. We are mainly going to the state ASA shoot because nearly all of our friends from BCAC are going, and we miss the people we don’t get to see regularly. I’m looking forward to a good time, and if I come back with all my arrows, that will be an added bonus, lol!

Comment

Another nice round, CamoQuest! Plus, great perspectives on the FSC. I see it as different fun challenges that may help get us better, basically. Good luck in Ft. Worth -- great club up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X