No announcement yet.

Barb wire cart failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you drive the kickstand into the ground some to hold position?

Comment

Built this a few years ago. We were doing a 4 strand fence so just made 2 passes.

Comment

This is one I built, smaller version of the one on tractor above.

Comment

Your design looks almost the same as Preifert's roller. And it's not coming off? Is it hanging up on the barbs?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            You sure your HOA is gonna approve a barb wire fence? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Lol. No hoa. I’ve got 2 acre property out in the county that i need to fence in for a jenny. She is in a 1/2 acre now, but I need to move her.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              Your design looks almost the same as Preifert's roller. And it's not coming off? Is it hanging up on the barbs?
              No it’s not coming off and the problem is the whole thing moves. So what I’m gonna try what yall suggest. Tie it off and pull the cart....I’m guessing that will work.

I’m ashamed of myself for not thinking outside of the box!! Doh! When y’all see you got my permission to kick me! I’m such a knuckle head I swear

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                No it’s not coming off and the problem is the whole thing moves. So what I’m gonna try what yall suggest. Tie it off and pull the cart....I’m guessing that will work.

I’m ashamed of myself for not thinking outside of the box!! Doh! When y’all see you got my permission to kick me! I’m such a knuckle head I swear
                You got this. somethings things just are not as intrinsic as the designer thinks.

Comment

This whole thread gives me bad memories of working for my grandfather and uncle building fence in August down near Encinal. Brother and I got the pleasure of being the wire cart and automated post driver.

Can't wait to teach my son and nephew the same way.

Comment

if you go horizonal put disc blades on either side of roll ,so when its unrolling the barbs won't catch on your frame

Comment

You should put a disc between wire and cart and it will roll off much easier. You can buy a 16" disc for very little. I bought one today for $16.

Comment

Use a boat seat swivel. Less than $10 at Academy.

Comment

Working...
                        X