Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #1
Katsaregood
Four Point

Default Vietnam veteran denied compensation for wartime injuries?

Anyone ever been told your ship wasn’t in brown water and only in blue water? His ship did enter brown water and he did see action on land. The records originally claimed the ship he and others were on never touched brown water or land in Vietnam. So they denied compensation for his injuries. Fortunately for him, he had undisputable proof by way of the ship’s yearbook. The ship’s records also showed exactly where they entered brown water.

There are also records somewhere that show what happened to certain men on the ship who took a boat up a river without loaded weapons. They were under orders to carry unloaded rifles. The aftermath I’m told wasn’t pretty.
Katsaregood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
brianlg31
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pandale

And yet my father n law can get it for slicing his knee open, while at home in his own back yard! I hate the system
brianlg31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

They give it for Everything these days. He just need to say he has ptsd
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #4
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlg31 View Post
And yet my father n law can get it for slicing his knee open, while at home in his own back yard! I hate the system
Same... I had a friend who was an Air Force linguist. Sat in a classroom every day.

He's been riding a 70+% service connected "disability" for 20+ years because he hurt his back doing "PT."
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 12:12 PM   #5
sailor
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Yep.... been there, done that.................
They said, I had to prove I spent 10 months in the rivers.........
I ask, you gotta copy of my DD214 ??........
Actually, I thought it was pretty absurd...............
It does take some perserverance... But don't give up........
They always turn you down the first time........FILE AN APPEAL !!!!
They even told me, my medical records were lost in a fire.....
yea..... sure....... They lie...... Especially under the present admin......
sailor is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 12:43 PM   #6
locolobo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Somewhere in TX

An ex-cousin was gettin monthly payments for a leg amputation and for the death of her husband sustained during a motorcycle accident while he was on R&R leave in South Korea. Disliked that girl even more than I dislike my Ex
locolobo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #7
220swift
Ten Point

Hunt In: South, East, and Central Texas

My uncle was in Vietnam. He was a Green Beret, which I'm told was voluntary and top secret.

He was in and out of combat zones for 2 or 3 years. Since it was voluntary, there was no official record that he saw combat. My Dad spent years trying to help him and get that extra level of benefits. He was never able to get it.

My uncle finally committed suicide. My Dad never really got over it either.
220swift is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #8
Gladesgator
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rusk County, FL and AR

The VA is not a friend of Vietnam era vets, that is for sure. For the most part the Army didn't keep very good records back then. No records = no proof for the veteran = no compensation.

They out wait the veteran until they die, average wait after a claim is filed according to the VA is 3-4 months. Ridiculous, didn't take them that long to draft us.

Rant over
Gladesgator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 02:22 PM   #9
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Don't get me started!!! My dad will be 90 in 70 more days. 21 years served. Korean War and Vietnam War veteran. Exposed to agent orange and on the registry. 25 years ago told flat NO! Fast forward 7+ years ago I picked up the torch. Slow motion!!! Got alot of assistance from TBHers but never got full satisfaction based on his conditions. Many of his old buddies assumed he was 100% decades ago.....nope! I hired a retired VA doctor and resubmitted everything. Got a bump but not 100%. Doc is peeved off at how he is being treated. He even told us, "they are waiting for him to die!" Talk about a kick to the throat. Ironic how that era vet is treated, just sad honestly. We were told his latest fully developed plan is in the expedited section, but that was 6 months ago. Pitiful, but I know God has a certain place below for those that threat others so poorly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #10
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

This is why we read about 20+ veterans a day committing suicide. It's a wonder anybody enlists anymore knowing how folks get rode hard and put up wet just to be forgotten by the system.
arrowsmack324 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #11
Katsaregood
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Don't get me started!!! My dad will be 90 in 70 more days. 21 years served. Korean War and Vietnam War veteran. Exposed to agent orange and on the registry. 25 years ago told flat NO! Fast forward 7+ years ago I picked up the torch. Slow motion!!! Got alot of assistance from TBHers but never got full satisfaction based on his conditions. Many of his old buddies assumed he was 100% decades ago.....nope! I hired a retired VA doctor and resubmitted everything. Got a bump but not 100%. Doc is peeved off at how he is being treated. He even told us, "they are waiting for him to die!" Talk about a kick to the throat. Ironic how that era vet is treated, just sad honestly. We were told his latest fully developed plan is in the expedited section, but that was 6 months ago. Pitiful, but I know God has a certain place below for those that threat others so poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
This is why we read about 20+ veterans a day committing suicide. It's a wonder anybody enlists anymore knowing how folks get rode hard and put up wet just to be forgotten by the system.

He got in trouble for refusing to pilot the boat up the river without a machine gun and without ammo. His punishment was to sit in the belly of the ship where it was extremely hot. The men who did go upriver on that boat with unloaded rifles were shot up and or killed. They blamed LBJ for those ridiculous orders.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #12
sailor
Pope & Young

We were, locked and loaded 24/7.....................with port and starboard patrols...
In a free fire zone, or after dark.....shoot it
If it moves......shoot it........
If you think, it moved.......shoot it........
If you think, it might move...... shoot it.........
if it floats.....shoot it.........
No full auto.... unless we were fired on...... dang it...........
I was young.... and pretty........
Name:  IMG_1067 (1).jpg
Views: 745
Size:  94.7 KB
Old 05-03-2021, 04:42 PM   #13
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

They sure let y’all have some long hair.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #14
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
I work with several fellas who get quite a bit of compensation from their 4 years in the service. One get 100% and he is a power lifter fireman.
Old school guys may be forgotten but the one in the last 15-20 year ain’t.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #15
Killer
Ten Point

Hunt In: God's green earth

Wow that is terrible
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #16
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yessir ! Actually 22 veterans committ suicide EVERYDAY in the USA. Many from the older era. I proudly participated in the "Pushup 2200 Challenge" for the month of April. 75 per day for the month equaled 2200.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:20 PM   #17
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

First thing I did was find my county advocate. He had me write down everything that was wrong with me, including drinking arsenic tainted water at Camp Lejeune for my last two years. Like everyone else that has been stationed there for decades.
They went point by point and denied benefits until it came to my hearing. I was in a tank battalion my last two years. I had lost part of my hearing. I was compensated for that.
Another point. You have to go back and scrub your own DD214. I did and found that the folks on the last campaign had been awarded additional service ribbons. I didn’t find this out until last year when I googled it.
Look up the operations you were on and go from there. Again, the VA will not scrub your 14. If you want it changed you will have to fill out paperwork and send it into records division.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #18
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
I work with several fellas who get quite a bit of compensation from their 4 years in the service. One get 100% and he is a power lifter fireman.

Yep, we hear that alot since we are sooo close to all of this. My younger cousin is a supervisor at a chemical plant back home. He did 8 years in the navy....zero issues. He says two guys his age are 100%. He says they joke about it all the time at work as they pass on working overtime hours, unless mandatory. New bass boats, vacations and trucks every 3 or 4 years with that government money and use the plant money for homes and family bills. Just really discouraging.

Old 05-03-2021, 05:28 PM   #19
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Sailor your the Vietnam equivalent of the rifleman! That hair is bad azz!
Semper Fi!
Old 05-03-2021, 05:29 PM   #20
bdubb
Four Point

All I can say as a son of a Vietnam Vet is to keep trying. Either him or you, if possible.

My dad wouldn’t except help the. One day my sisters father-in-law spoke to him enough to change his mindset. It took a lot of visits and I’m sure a lot of hassle for my parents but he eventually received 100% plus back pay. My dad didn’t make it many years after that, but it’s been a blessing for my mom after he passed and that was his main goal. She’s able to keep certain benefits of his which go a long ways towards supplementing a teachers retirement. Just wish he had done it sooner as his entire demeanor changed for the better once he knew the family would be alright and he could retire from construction.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #21
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Quote:
Yep, we hear that alot since we are sooo close to all of this. My younger cousin is a supervisor at a chemical plant back home. He did 8 years in the navy....zero issues. He says two guys his age are 100%. He says they joke about it all the time at work as they pass on working overtime hours, unless mandatory. New bass boats, vacations and trucks every 3 or 4 years with that government money and use the plant money for homes and family bills. Just really discouraging.

Man these stories burn me up!!!!! I would be making some phone calls... Can't stand scammers, con artists and free loaders....
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 05:39 PM   #22
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

I realized a long time ago the govt does not give a rats azz about the vets. It’s all blabber.

Many Americans do. The govt is a whole different story.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:41 PM   #23
jmeghunts
Ten Point

Quote:
I work with 2 that have disabled vet tags on their trucks and get a check every month. One has sleep apnea and the other has a bad knee. Go figure.
jmeghunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 05:56 PM   #24
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:

Very familiar
The one I mentioned got qualified for 100% because he used a company to help and they used the excuse he has erectile disfunction. Took him from 90 to 100 and he talks about railing his wife constantly. Now with 100% he no longer pays property tax so currently building a 650k house.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:00 PM   #25
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
All I can say as a son of a Vietnam Vet is to keep trying. Either him or you, if possible.

My dad wouldn’t except help the. One day my sisters father-in-law spoke to him enough to change his mindset. It took a lot of visits and I’m sure a lot of hassle for my parents but he eventually received 100% plus back pay. My dad didn’t make it many years after that, but it’s been a blessing for my mom after he passed and that was his main goal. She’s able to keep certain benefits of his which go a long ways towards supplementing a teachers retirement. Just wish he had done it sooner as his entire demeanor changed for the better once he knew the family would be alright and he could retire from construction.
Bingeaux!!!!!!!!!!! That is the ONLY reason my dad has decided to fight the good fight. He is 7 years older than mom and he finally understands "being STRONG" is not only about him.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:08 PM   #26
Lungbustr
Pope & Young

Yeah the vietnam vets got the shaft big time. Hillarious what modern vets get disability for compared to Vietnam era guys.

My age is such that i worked under a lot of vietnam era guys when i was younger. They went through hell there and when they came back home.

Whats the deal with brown water? Why wouldnt they get benefits. A lot of those guys saw tons of action in combat.
Lungbustr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 06:33 PM   #27
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Just out of curiosity what is the claim he is making? Didn’t see it posted maybe I missed it. So many types of claims. Im assuming ptsd since there is a burden of “brown water” I assume means combat.
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #28
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lungbustr View Post
Yeah the vietnam vets got the shaft big time. Hillarious what modern vets get disability for compared to Vietnam era guys.

My age is such that i worked under a lot of vietnam era guys when i was younger. They went through hell there and when they came back home.

Whats the deal with brown water? Why wouldnt they get benefits. A lot of those guys saw tons of action in combat.
I see more Vietnam era Vets at the VA than any other era vets. Which makes sense because of their age. More ailments. Modern vets? I assume you served so can throw shade at your own.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #29
Kong
Four Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma Texas

I’m not sure how it all works but my FIL was in the thick of the jungle and he’s getting a really big check every month right now being 100% disabled,, he did retire with a high rank though.. That crap they were using really messed him up though. They say it was Agent Orange that got him.. Anyone injured in the line of duty should get whatever’s available period,,,, They deserve everything and anything they can get IMO!!!
Kong is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #30
Johnny44
Ten Point

Thats why I kept every set of orders, red passports, shot records, pictures, medical records, original performance reports, you name it.

Wasn’t in the Vietnam conflict but been in many places where the mission didn’t meet designated criteria for war zones. I have seen way to many Vets slipping between the cracks like the OP posted…But, I’ve seen even more liars.

Beware the Veteran with an over abundance of “Humanitarian” medals and Presidential Unit Citations.

Last edited by Johnny44; 05-03-2021 at 07:02 PM.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 07:04 PM   #31
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Sigh...maybe have him say he identifies with fighting in muddy water or take a trip sotb, give up citizenship & sneak back across as an illegal. This country has gone fubar.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 07:08 PM   #32
Johnny44
Ten Point

Quote:
First, many folk straight out lie.

Second, If he ain’t missing a head, leg and two arms he most likely isn’t RATED 100% due to the way VA Math works.

Third, he may get payed at the 100% level through “individual Unemployability” but that comes with some criteria, you are unemployable because of your disability. That means you can’t (government definition) obtain SUSTAINABLE employment. So if the person has a decent job, they are breaking the law and are idiots to even talk about it.

Last edited by Johnny44; 05-03-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #33
Katsaregood
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ætheling View Post
Just out of curiosity what is the claim he is making? Didn’t see it posted maybe I missed it. So many types of claims. Im assuming ptsd since there is a burden of “brown water” I assume means combat.
Without going into everything, they have dragged this out for years. Yes he has PTSD and was really messed up when he made it back to the states. He was sprayed with agent orange and has the scars from it and the cancer surgery. Some things are better off not being mentioned for his benefit. Let’s just say that history books don’t always tell the whole story or necessarily things from the view of those who fought. He later helped haul out the deceased.

I was talking with another vet today that I met for the first time. He had two tours there.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #34
Jon Stewart
Six Point

I was in the Marines from 67 to 69. Took me 2 1/2 years to get my 10% hearing loss disability. The VA did send a notice letting me know what cancers I may get from agent orange and from the bad water at Camp LeJeune.

Last edited by Jon Stewart; 05-03-2021 at 07:24 PM.
Jon Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #35
sailor
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
Sailor your the Vietnam equivalent of the rifleman! That hair is bad azz!
Semper Fi!
Thanks..................
But, I doubt the rifleman, was as scared as I was.......
Old 05-03-2021, 08:03 PM   #36
Matt_C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
They sure let y’all have some long hair.
Sound powered phone system on his head. :-)
Matt_C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 08:03 PM   #37
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
We were, locked and loaded 24/7.....................with port and starboard patrols...
In a free fire zone, or after dark.....shoot it
If it moves......shoot it........
If you think, it moved.......shoot it........
If you think, it might move...... shoot it.........
if it floats.....shoot it.........
No full auto.... unless we were fired on...... dang it...........
I was young.... and pretty........
Attachment 1048463
That's a good looking kevlar helmet you have on.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 08:40 PM   #38
amcalister04
Eight Point

Hunt In: Ellis, hardeman, lampasas

I’ve been fighting the VA for years. I have so many injuries that I have been denied for. Even have them in my medical records. They say they aren’t service connected. When I argue with them they look at me like “what would You know...You’re just a dumb grunt.”
amcalister04 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 08:50 PM   #39
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsaregood View Post
Anyone ever been told your ship wasn’t in brown water and only in blue water? His ship did enter brown water and he did see action on land. The records originally claimed the ship he and others were on never touched brown water or land in Vietnam. So they denied compensation for his injuries. Fortunately for him, he had undisputable proof by way of the ship’s yearbook. The ship’s records also showed exactly where they entered brown water.

There are also records somewhere that show what happened to certain men on the ship who took a boat up a river without loaded weapons. They were under orders to carry unloaded rifles. The aftermath I’m told wasn’t pretty.
Who is this you are talking about?
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #40
Katsaregood
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Who is this you are talking about?
A relative I’ve been taking care of. I’ll be offline. The house flooded and there’s a big mess to clean up

Last edited by Katsaregood; 05-03-2021 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #41
andre3k
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
First, many folk straight out lie.

Second, If he ain’t missing a head, leg and two arms he most likely isn’t RATED 100% due to the way VA Math works.

Third, he may get payed at the 100% level through “individual Unemployability” but that comes with some criteria, you are unemployable because of your disability. That means you can’t (government definition) obtain SUSTAINABLE employment. So if the person has a decent job, they are breaking the law and are idiots to even talk about it.
I know a lot of vets that are getting 100% disability and still work full time jobs. A close friend of mine gets 70% for insomnia with manic depressive disorder, 10% for Tinitus and 20% for arthritis in both knees. He did 4 years peace time in the Air National Guard, never left Texas and its all "service connected".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 09:27 PM   #42
Johnny44
Ten Point

Sorry, but those numbers don’t equal a 100% rating with VA math, he would have to apply for individual unemployability status. Then if approved for “IU” there are two types, with further review and without further review which comes with additional benefits. There is also Special Monthly Compensation available for other reasons on top of those.

Thats one of the fastest ways to spot someone not on the level if they spout numbers that add up to 100%. I see such all the time, its real common with the guys that were SEALs, DELTA, Rangers, 101st, and Recon Marines all in a 3 year enlistment. But giving the benefit of doubt, they could have taken their three numbers that appeared to add up to 100% that would actually be about 80% after the funky math and then applied for 100% IU. Anything is possible.

The Code of Federal Regulations will teach a person VA Math if they want to learn though. 1+1=2 until a specific number then the ratings have some weird proration.

The fact is there are not “a lot of vets” rated at 100% nor getting paid 100% IU, the published numbers don’t lie. There are so relatively few Vets getting paid per capita the odds of any one person knowing of “a lot of Vets getting 100%” would probably need to be figured by Mr Spock.

Anybody here concerned about their VA rating better school themselves in the CFR’s because the service organizations are almost as useless as tits on a boar hog. Your county Rep would be a better advocate. And VA employees are not allowed to help you whatsoever.

Additionally, when you are filling out your material, your explanation better (must) match the criteria in the CFR explicitly, basically regurgitate the same verbiage (criteria) back to them with your “proof”. If you have any “multipliers” you need to point those out so they don’t miss them. They WILL NOT think outside the box !

Just so y’all know per the intent of the regulations you can apply for 100% IU with a 0% rating though it has a recommended percentage in another paragraph. If you show how that 0% rated item has precluded you from substantial employment you are in.

Wanna know how many 0% ratings gets you a paycheck, go ask Mr Owl

Last edited by Johnny44; 05-03-2021 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #43
sailor
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_C View Post
Yea, but I didn't want to burst their bubble...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
That's a good looking kevlar helmet you have on.
Too dang hot, and can't wear a helmet, over the phones..........
Kevlar !!! We had, brain cooking steel................
Old 05-04-2021, 03:12 AM   #44
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_C View Post
60’s Bluetooth listening to the Beatles?
Old 05-04-2021, 06:30 AM   #45
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Yea, but I didn't want to burst their bubble...........

Too dang hot, and can't wear a helmet, over the phones..........

Kevlar !!! We had, brain cooking steel................
That was a joke about that helmet of hair youre wearing.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2021, 06:53 AM   #46
Hogmauler
Ten Point

My Sister in law blew her knee out in basic 27 years ago. She recovered and stayed in. Retired as a light bird. Went to Iraq and Afghanistan. Now she has burn pit disease as well as a disease I can’t spell that was caused by sand inhalation. It’s a chronic lung disease. Just about 100% of the time when I speak with her husband I can hear her coughing in the background. She still works full time but her lungs are toast.
The back story is she’s been trying to get her disability raised and is still waiting. Truth of the matter is there are too many people that have learned to game the system. I’ve seen it first hand. I’m all for taking care of our disabled vets. The gamers should be publicly horse whipped, tarred and feathered, and forced to live with nervous nancy!
Old 05-04-2021, 07:19 AM   #47
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsaregood View Post
Without going into everything, they have dragged this out for years. Yes he has PTSD and was really messed up when he made it back to the states. He was sprayed with agent orange and has the scars from it and the cancer surgery. Some things are better off not being mentioned for his benefit. Let’s just say that history books don’t always tell the whole story or necessarily things from the view of those who fought. He later helped haul out the deceased.

I was talking with another vet today that I met for the first time. He had two tours there.
Gotcha. Eff the VA. If you cut them out and just split the budget among every vet there would be more than enough to cover everyone for everything.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:35 AM   #48
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Maybe. AOC was pushing to give VA benefits to illegals. The country is unraveling.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:51 AM   #49
andre3k
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
Sorry, but those numbers don’t equal a 100% rating with VA math, he would have to apply for individual unemployability status. Then if approved for “IU” there are two types, with further review and without further review which comes with additional benefits. There is also Special Monthly Compensation available for other reasons on top of those.

Thats one of the fastest ways to spot someone not on the level if they spout numbers that add up to 100%. I see such all the time, its real common with the guys that were SEALs, DELTA, Rangers, 101st, and Recon Marines all in a 3 year enlistment. But giving the benefit of doubt, they could have taken their three numbers that appeared to add up to 100% that would actually be about 80% after the funky math and then applied for 100% IU. Anything is possible.

The Code of Federal Regulations will teach a person VA Math if they want to learn though. 1+1=2 until a specific number then the ratings have some weird proration.

The fact is there are not “a lot of vets” rated at 100% nor getting paid 100% IU, the published numbers don’t lie. There are so relatively few Vets getting paid per capita the odds of any one person knowing of “a lot of Vets getting 100%” would probably need to be figured by Mr Spock.

Anybody here concerned about their VA rating better school themselves in the CFR’s because the service organizations are almost as useless as tits on a boar hog. Your county Rep would be a better advocate. And VA employees are not allowed to help you whatsoever.

Additionally, when you are filling out your material, your explanation better (must) match the criteria in the CFR explicitly, basically regurgitate the same verbiage (criteria) back to them with your “proof”. If you have any “multipliers” you need to point those out so they don’t miss them. They WILL NOT think outside the box !

Just so y’all know per the intent of the regulations you can apply for 100% IU with a 0% rating though it has a recommended percentage in another paragraph. If you show how that 0% rated item has precluded you from substantial employment you are in.

Wanna know how many 0% ratings gets you a paycheck, go ask Mr Owl
All I know is that he's getting paid. This is what he sent me when I asked him about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by andre3k; 05-04-2021 at 08:59 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2021, 09:35 AM   #50
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land

I've learned a lot dealing with the VA for the last 21 years. I have another Compensation and Pension (C&P) exam tomorrow for prostate cancer.

Here's a tip if you're seeing private doctors. Have your Doc fill out the Disability Questionnaire (DBQ) prior to any C&P exam. Hand carry it to your exam.

"DBQs were developed as a specific means to collect the necessary medical information required in the processing of Veterans disability claims. DBQs provide Veterans with a way to submit medical evidence from their health care provider to support their claims for disability benefits. Veterans can have their health care providers fill out and submit to VA any of the DBQs listed below that are appropriate for their claimed conditions."

Here's a link to DBQ's for most service connected health issues.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensa...publicdbqs.asp
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top